|Application deadline:||1 October 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Key Features of the Composition Performance Programmes
* Specialist tuition in approaches to creativity
* Skills-based composition tutorials and workshops
* Opportunities to work collaboratively with industry professionals
* Advanced performance and recording classes, usually with students from a range of related disciplines
* Full programme of new music performances,presentations and productions
Key Features of all Programmes
* Two year, full time programmes starting in September
* One year intensive programmes available in some cases
* Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
* Training in career development, self-promotion, event management and sustainable technique
* International masterclass series
* Fully integrated performances programme by international artists
* Performance Practice training supported by seminars, tutorials and symposi
* Training in performance analysis and presentation (MA and MMus)
* Advanced research and specialist performance analysis training (MMus only)
* Established work placement schemes
* Optional training in advanced teaching skills and arts management
* Opportunities to study abroad at a partner conservatoire
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to gain a recognised English language qualification e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent. Minimum English language requirements are different for different levels. Please check the list below for specific levels:
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
You will need to achieve an overall IELTS 5.5 with no lower than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
You will need to achieve an overall IELTS 6.0 with no lower than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
If you are completing this course over one year you will need to achieve an overallIELTS 7.0with no lower than 6.5 in reading and writing and no lower than 5.5 in listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
If you are completing this course over two years you will need to achieve an overallIELTS 6.5with no lower than 6.0 in reading and writing and no lower than 5.5 in listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||527|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||71|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.