Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||1 October 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Key Features of the Orchestral Conducting Programmes
* Conducting technique class involving the study and practice of technique away from the orchestra
* Workshops in keyboard skills and score-reading
* Observation and participation in RWCMD orchestral rehearsals
* Rehearsal analysis tutorials
* Observation of conductors within a professional context
* Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles,rehearsals and productions
* Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
* Performance classes, usually in the company of students from a range of disciplines
* Full programme of orchestral concerts
Key Features of all Programmes
* Two year, full time programmes starting in September
* One year intensive programmes available in some cases
* Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
* Training in career development, self-promotion, event management and sustainable technique
* International masterclass series
* Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
* Performance Practice training supported by seminars, tutorials and symposia
* Training in performance analysis and presentation (MA and MMus)
* Advanced research and specialist performance analysis training (MMus only)
* Established work placement schemes
* Optional training in advanced teaching skills and arts management
* Opportunities to study abroad at a partner conservatoire
Entry to the postgraduate music programmes is by audition (or by interview for Composition and Creative Audio and New Media applicants). Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training. Composition applicants will be asked to send examples of their creative work to discuss at interview.
Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for Masters applicants) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
Applicants who already have a postgraduate diploma or equivalent qualification in music may be eligible for entry to the one year MA Top-Up programme.
International applicants whose first language is not English will need to gain a recognised English language qualification e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent. Minimum English language requirements are different for different levels. Please check the list below for specific levels:
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
You will need to achieve an overall IELTS 5.5 with no lower than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
You will need to achieve an overall IELTS 6.0 with no lower than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
If you are completing this course over one year you will need to achieve an overallIELTS 7.0with no lower than 6.5 in reading and writing and no lower than 5.5 in listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
If you are completing this course over two years you will need to achieve an overallIELTS 6.5with no lower than 6.0 in reading and writing and no lower than 5.5 in listening and speaking components (or equivalent qualification).
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||527|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||197|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||71|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.