Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The MA Architecture Urban Design degree course at UCA Canterbury understands urban design to be a social, material and ecological discourse, modulated by diverse spatial, economic, political and temporal influences. MA Architecture Urban Design degree courses at UCA provides an introduction to a range of analytical tools including diagrammatic, digital and analogue modelling and mapping in the context of design exercises.
This urban design degree course is taught through the Canterbury School of Architecture which is based at UCA Canterbury and is a modern, progressive design environment established more than fifty years ago.
Key study topics include:
* Explore and comment on critical issues in your subject area
* Test out your project through a series of short design projects
* Development of your personal project
* An exploration of methods, techniques, concepts and themes
* Complete and exhibit your final project
* Identify future audiences for your ideas
* Prepare for the next stage of your career.
* Research methods for creative practice(MA courses common unit) - concerned with the development of appropriate research methods for creative practice. You are introduced to a range of research and communication methods and tools appropriate to an advanced level of study in creative disciplines.
* Issues in contemporary practice(MA courses common unit) - you examine diverging relationships between theory and practice in the context of the discipline of architecture. However, in architectural discourse the term 'practice' is often conflated with professional practice: whilst the consideration of professional practice(s) is not excluded from this unit, the unit is more focused on the investigation of ways in which practice-based activities writing, drawing, modelling, building, to name a few might be implemented as modes of research.
* Creative Practice (Architecture) - develop your creative practice in order to inform the detailed development of your project proposal for stages 2 and 3 of the course.
* Project development (Architecture) - your MA project as research practice truly begins, your project takes shape and you develop as an independent researcher and practitioner.
* Project realisation and reflection (Architecture) - you apply the knowledge gained in the previous stage theoretical, practical and methodological) to a final body of work an/or written dissertation
* Project publication and dissemination (MA courses common unit) - this final part of your MA combines an ability to define and produce a form of your completed visual work for professional/public dissemination with the pursuit of your own professional ambitions.
* Please note the syllabus content is for the academic year indicated and is provided as a guide. The content of the course may be subject to change.
* A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or;
* Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component) or equivalent.
You may be offered a place on a course on the condition that you improve your English language and study skills. We offer two pre-sessional English language courses which can improve your IELTS score by a maximum of 1.0 and 0.5, or equivalent.
Your portfolio should include a selection of images of recent work, evidence of written work and a CV. Enthusiasm for your subject and the desire to succeed is essential.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.