Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
* In the most recent independent review of research quality (RAE 2008), English Language and Literature at Glasgow was rated in the UKs top ten.
* You will have access to a number of spoken corpora for linguistic analysis as well as professional standard equipment for the analysis of speech data in the Glasgow University Phonetics Lab (GULP).
* You will take a course in the University of Glasgows Language Centre which provides the opportunity to explore classroom practices and methodology.
* You will have the opportunity to undertake a research project on a topic of your choice.
MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
In the first half of the programme you will learn through a combination of lectures, regular supervisions, formative essay writing and attendance at supplementary classes and seminars. Assessment includes a portfolio of essays.
In Semester 1 you will undertake a number of core courses in modern English Language and English Linguistics, and TESOL:
* Phonetics, Sociolinguistics, Discourse analysis
* Classroom processes: Introduction to teaching and learning
* Language learning and applications to the classroom
In Semester 2 you will choose two subject areas for advanced-level study in Semester 2.
In Semester 1 and 2 you will take a course in research skills and methods.
The second half of the programme is dedicated to your individual dissertation work, under the guidance of two assigned supervisors.
* have a good first degree in a relevant subject: high 2.1 or 1st class in the British system; mainly A grades with some B grades in other systems
* a 200 word statement on why you wish to take the MSc in English Language and Linguistics
* a sample of your own written work (approx 2000 words). This can be from a previous degree you have completed. You are required to submit material that is entirely your own original work, except where clearly indicated.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.