Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
MSc: 12 months full-time
* You will examine human anatomy and reconstruct it in a real-time 3D environment for use in education, simulation, and training.
* You will have access to the largest stereo 3D lab in Europe, and its state-of-the-art facilities such as laser scanner (for 3D data acquisition), stereo 3D projection, full body motion capture system, haptic devices and ambisonic sound. You will also have access to the Laboratory of Human Anatomy at the University of Glasgow, one of the largest in Europe.
* The programme has excellent industry connections through research and commercial projects and there are possible internship opportunities. You will benefit from guest lectures by practitioners, researchers and experts from industry.
You will split your time between the Glasgow School of Art (Digital Design Studio) and the University of Glasgow (Laboratory of Human Anatomy). The programme is structured into three stages.
Stage one: digital technologies applied to medical visualisation (delivered by the Digital Design Studio at the Glasgow School of Art)
* 3D modelling and animation
* Applications in medical visualisation
* Volumetric and 3D surface visualisation
* Core research skills for postgraduates.
Stage two: human anatomy (delivered by the Laboratory of Human Anatomy at the University of Glasgow).
* Introduction to anatomy
* Structure and function of the human body
* Cadaveric dissection techniques.
In stage three you will complete a self-directed final project, supported throughout with individual supervision.
You should have an Honours degree or equivalent in the following disciplines
* Life sciences, medical or biomedical science, e.g. anatomy, physiology, dentistry or dental technology, forensic anthropology, molecular biological degrees and the allied health professionals
* computer science, 3D visualisation, computer graphics, health informatics, mathematics, and physics
* medical illustration, 3D design, product design, digital media, digital arts, 3D modelling and animation
* or equivalent professional practice. However, high calibre graduates from other disciplines may be considered if they are able to demonstrate an interest and ability in the field of medical visualisation.
The University of Glasgow will apply a £1,000 discount to the international fees for this 12-month full-time postgraduate taught Masters programme in 201112.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.