Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The MA Fashion Management & Marketing course at UCA Epsom prepares you for a fashion management career in the domestic or international fashion industry by delivering an innovative and relevant fashion business curriculum.
Working closely with fashion industry professionals, fashion organisations and industry role models and mentors, on the masters course you develop a diverse skill base that will enable you to have a wider, clearer and more relevant understanding of the business of management and marketing behind the fashion industry.
Key study topics include:
* Examination of the main areas related to issues within fashion, creative management and marketing.
* Study of customer communication and promotion
* Development of a personal project
* Study of project management, planning and innovating fashion strategy
* Planning to succeed and innovating fashion strategy
* Professional practice and a work placement opportunity
* Self-directed final major project that builds on the interests developed throughout the course.
You have the opportunity to develop the skills required for a successful business management career in the domestic or international fashion industry. You gain an in-depth knowledge of industry strategies and cultures from an international and UK perspective, combined with a strong underpinning of key business skills including planning, communication, market research and creative entrepreneurism.
* Customer, Communication and Promotion - understanding how to apply communication and promotion theory in practice in order to gain significant competitive advantage and build customer loyalty.
* Research Methods - designed to support and advance the project work produced during the rest of your MA study through a developed investigation of research methods. You will define, articulate and critically reflect upon the research concerns of your own practice during this unit, thereby underpinning and enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the chosen field of study, as well as developing your ability to communicate this in a variety of ways
* The Management Imperative - provides you with an introduction to the world of business and the role you and design have to play within it. Covering a breadth of core business and managerial subjects ensuring you are able to gain an overview of key issues within your industry as well as forming a foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge that can be built upon.
* Creative Project Management: Planning to Succeed - negotiation and development of a project proposal that forms the framework for the final major project.
* Innovating Fashion Strategy - provides you with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge required to conceptualise, develop and implement a successful innovative fashion strategy.
* Strategic Innovation and Brand Engagement - you have the option to attend the lectures from this unit but will not need to submit work for assessment.
* Management Final Major Project - culmination of your studies and will form a written critical exploration of the central theories and concepts taught and developed throughout your MA.
* Please note the syllabus content is for the academic year indicated and is provided as a guide. The content of the course may be subject to change.
* A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline including fashion design, business studies, design management, fashion promotion and communications qualifications, and/or
* Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component) or equivalent.
You may be offered a place on a course on the condition that you improve your English language and study skills. We offer two pre-sessional English language courses which can improve your IELTS score by a maximum of 1.0 and 0.5, or equivalent.
You should provide some evidence of recent academic and/or professional activity within this field. You also need to submit a personal statement with your application detailing your interest and experience in fashion, management or marketing. This course has a heavy written component and requires good essay writing skills.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.