Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
MA Fashion Promotion & Imaging offers the opportunity for postgraduate study in a range of disciplines within the context of fashion.
You define your area of interest while attending lectures, seminars and workshops by fashion specialists and practitioners, covering a broad range of fashion related topics. Our ethos is based on the premise of promoting a creative and in-depth investigation of fashion in a social context.
Key study topics include:
* Fashion and the moving image
* Fashion marketing and forecasting
* PR and advertising
* The fashion space
* The social and cultural function of fashion.
You have the opportunity to study a range of disciplines within the context of fashion and have the opportunity to specialise in a particular field such as styling, photography, editorial design and publishing, illustration, fashion and moving image, fashion marketing, forecasting, public relations, advertising, the fashion space, the social and cultural function of fashion, or can engage in an inter-disciplinary approach.
* Research Methods - designed to support and advance the project work produced during the rest of your MA study through a developed investigation of research methods. You will define, articulate and critically reflect upon the research concerns of your own practice during this unit, thereby underpinning and enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the chosen field of study, as well as developing your ability to communicate this in a variety of ways.
* The Fashion Subject - exploration of the theories and practices within fashion design and communication.
* Project Development (FPI) - opportunity to extend research through the development of a substantial body of research for initial audience response and reaction. In this unit, students can undertake either a practical or theoretical approach to the final assessment requirements.
* Final Project (FPI) - culmination of studies which takes the form of a presentation of research ideas and concepts developed throughout the course.
* Please note the syllabus content is for the academic year indicated and is provided as a guide. The content of the course may be subject to change.
* A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline including fashion promotion and communication, fashion design and graphic design qualifications, and/or
* Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component) or equivalent.
You may be offered a place on a course on the condition that you improve your English language and study skills. We offer two pre-sessional English language courses which can improve your IELTS score by a maximum of 1.0 and 0.5, or equivalent.
Your portfolio should include a broad selection of work that demonstrates your experience and abilities. It should also reflect your commitment to this subject area. You need to submit a personal statement with your application detailing your specialist area of interest and outlining your project proposal.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.