Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The MSc in Finance in Trinity College Dublin is designed to provide you with the analytical and practical skills demanded in a career in modern financial services. Although there is no generally agreed professional qualification in Finance, increasingly it is agreed that possession of a specialist Masters in Finance is the key distinguishing feature of finance professionals.
The course is also designed to assist you in complementary study, particularly relevant for those that are considering taking Chartered Financial Analyst examinations. While this course does not exempt you from the professional requirement of the CFA examinations, we are confident that a graduate will be exceptionally well prepared to undertake them. We also believe that graduates of the course will be well prepared to undertake further study towards research degrees.
This course has a number of features that we are sure will make it your first choice in taking your career to another level.
* Modular: The MSc is designed to allow you to determine the courses you require to succeed. Built on a spine of core knowledge, we offer a number of options that take you towards the leading edge.
* Flexible: Modern life is demanding of time. Acknowledging this, we have designed the course to be as accommodating as possible. All teaching modules are compressed into three day delivery modes. The course can be taken on a fulltime or part-time basis, over one or two years.
* International: The course is delivered by a team of faculty drawn from across the globe, and on completion you will obtain a degree from one of the few academic institutions whose names are recognized worldwide
* Demanding: the MSc is designed to stretch you! To succeed in the financial services industry a combination of quantitative and time management skills are paramount. Successful completion of the MSc will guarantee that you have achieved these.
* Practical: Designed in conjunction with industry, aligned with the CFA institute requirements in mind, and with an advisory board representing the finance community, the courses will deliver you the skills you really need to boost your career
* Academic: TCD is Irelands leading university and the School of Business the leading node of research in finance. Each module will expose you to the leading research in its area and allow you to critically appraise its relevance for practice. Completion of the MSc will also provide you with the skills to undertake further research.
Finance is now a major element of the Irish economy. Dublin is one of the worlds leading centers for asset management with over EUR600 billion under management. The availability of highly skilled workers who are financially and quantitatively literate is a key driver of this sector.
The core courses will provide you with in-depth coverage of the key concepts, and provide you with a firm foundation for the electives you select and the Research Project that you will embark on.
There are twelve modules altogether, seven of which are compulsory and five of which are chosen from an extensive range of electives.
* Corporate Finance
* Credit and Fixed Income Analysis
* Financial Statement Analysis
* Investment Theory
* Wealth Management
* Advanced Statement Analysis
* Alternative Investments
* Asset Liability Management
* Behavioural Finance
* Data Analysis
* Economic Risk Analysis
* Economics of Financial Institutions
* Enterprise Risk Management
* Equity and Bond Strategies
* Financial Econometrics
* Financial Regulation
* International Finance
* Management Accounting and Control
* Market and Operational Risk
* Mathematics of Contingent Claims
* Risk Quantification and Measurement
* Securitization and Structured Finance
* Treasury Management
* Venture Capital
There is also an option to 'concentrate' further in one of the following areas: Financial Analysis (CFA track), Accounting & Finance or Risk Management (PRMIA track). If you wish to pursue a concentration in one of these areas, you will have to take the six core programme modules, the three core concentration modules plus three additional electives from the options available within each concentration.
Classes are run throughout the academic year, with the Research Project due at the end of August. If you sign up as a part-time student, you would complete your Research Project during the summer of your second year.
The Research Project is the culmination of your degree, allowing you to demonstrate and apply the techniques and knowledge acquired from the taught modules to a problem of real world academic or managerial concern. If you wish to specialise in a particular area, this is also an excellent opportunity, together with your chosen electives, to explore the topic area in even greater depth.
You will need to have obtained an honours degree (preferably but not necessarily in economics, business or finance) with at least a grade of upper second or equivalent. You will also need to sit the GMAT examination and ensure that the School receives the details. A GMAT of 550 or more is suggested.
If English is not your native language, or you have not undertaken your undergraduate degree through English, you will also need to satisfy the university language requirements.
Finally, if the admissions committee deems that you have insufficient preparation in management, economics, data analysis or financial statement analysis, we may require you to attend a brief course in one or more of these areas. You will have to attend and pass any examination of these courses prior to commencing the programme.
English language requirements:
* IELTS: Grade 6.5, no bad below 6
* TOEFL: 88 IBT, 230-computer based, 570 paper based
* Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: Grade C
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Grade C
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||570|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||230|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||88|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.