Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Applicants can expect to:
* Learn from leading experts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics
* Take advantage of a great variety of mathematical events happening in Moscow, a world famous mathematical center
* Choose to combine our M.Sc. program with international M.Sc. or integrated graduate programs
* Take advantage of our student exchange programs with universities in France and Japan
* Choose from a wide range of special topics courses and research seminars
* Continue their research in our Ph.D. program or in any international Ph.D. program in Mathematics (This year our first class of six M.Sc. students entered their second year and already they have received offers from the Universities Princeton, Bonn, Hanover and Nice )
* Benefit from a uniquely stimulating, dynamic and supportive learning environment
* Discover the rich and fascinating cultural life of Moscow
* Apply for Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships
* Apply for travel grants
Further Opportunities: The department of Mathematics has a 3-year Ph.D. program that is free for everybody. Students who wish to enter this program are required to pass an entrance exam.
International Ph.D. programs in Mathematics are also offered by the Institute of Information Transmission Problems and the Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (both institutes in Moscow). They are focused on fundamental and applied research.
Program overview: the program in Mathematics aims at training professional researchers in mathematical sciences and experts in mathematical education.
On successful completion of the program, students:
* - will be prepared for Ph.D. qualifying tests in Algebra, Topology and Analysis,
* - will have own research agenda and experience
* - will have teaching experience at university level.
The M.Sc. program takes two full years of study. All M.Sc. students complete their Individual Plans of Study (IPS). The IPS includes some mandatory items. However, most courses are student chosen (students can choose from a certain number of special topics courses and a certain number of research seminars).
A course project must be completed by the end of the first year. By the end of their course of study, students are required to submit a Masters thesis. A presentation of thesis results, in the form of a seminar, is required. Every M.Sc. student has a faculty advisor, who supervises the course project and the Masters thesis.
Prerequisites: All candidates are expected to have firm background in fundamental Mathematics including calculus of one and several variables, linear algebra, basic group theory, complex analysis, set-theoretic topology, and differential equations.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.