Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
MER MSc is aimed to respond to challenges of the new European Marine Strategy Directive and the currently under application European Water Framework Directive, which refers to coastal and estuarine systems among other water resources. Thus, MER includes topics such as:
- Integrated coastal zone management
- Assessment of marine ecosystem health
- Protection and recovery of marine and estuary environments
- Operational oceanography systems
- Competitive and responsible fisheries management
- Fishing technology
MER MSc consists mainly of advanced courses (90 ECTS) and of a Master Thesis project (30 ECTS). Courses are offered in oceanography, marine science, coastal management, ecosystem health assessment, fisheries and marine pollution. The Master Thesis can be undertaken in Soton, UPV/EHU or UBx1; as well as in associated (Arcachon Marine Station -AMS, a part of UBX1-, Oceanographic Foundation of Gipuzkoa (OFG-, AZTI Tecnalia Foundation -AZTI-) and collaborating institutions (University of Cantabria -UCAN-, Spanish Institute of Oceanography at Santander -IEO-). Such links will enable students to work within on-going (pure and applied) research groups, which should stimulate them to continue their formation by achieving a PhD degree.
he Master programme is open to holders of a first cycle higher education degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) from European and non-European universities in the field of engineering, geosciences, oceanography or environmental sciences. Professional experience in coastal sciences, a solid background in mathematics at the undergraduate level and familiarity with computers is required. Candidates who do not hold any of the above qualifications, but who have relevant professional experience in the fields of coastal sciences, may also apply. Proof of proficiency in English or equivalent is also required of all students.
The complete documentation of the application includes: - Application form to the programme;
- Documentation of proficiency in English;
- Clear statement of purpose (letter of motivation);
- Short CV including a list of scientific publications where applicable;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Transcript of high school leaving exam;
- Transcript of B.Sc. degree or equivalent;
- Proof of professional experience in the field of coastal sciences;
- Documents on professional experiences, research or IT-Skills etc. (optional).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.