|Application deadline:||April 1 (EU and Non EU)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master of Science programme in Applied Mathematics is meant for students having a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or in an area providing a sufficiently advanced background in mathematics. Students may apply for admission with the Admissions Office of TU Delft.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics of TU Delft gives entrance to the MSc Programme without selection. The same applies to BSc degrees in (Applied) Mathematics from the other Dutch universities and to corresponding degrees from Imperial College London, ETH Zürich and RWTH Aachen. Further information concerning admission can be obtained from the Admissions Office of TU Delft, from the Study advisers or from the Director of Studies in Applied Mathematics.
The objective of the MSc programme in Applied Mathematics is to provide its students with a thorough knowledge of applicable mathematics and to develop their expertise in applying the methods and tools of mathematics to problems in science and engineering. For this it is crucial that the students obtain a broad experience in simulation and mathematical modeling of such problems, in the mathematical analysis of these models and in the implementation of the results. Moreover, they should have sufficient insight in the underlying mathematical theory in order to be able to develop new mathematical methods and techniques if needed.
It is a two-year full-time programme, to be concluded with a Master s thesis. In total the programme amounts to 120 EC. Within this Master s programme the student may choose one of the following specializations.
* Computational Science and Engineering
* Probability, Risk and Statistics
The MSc Applied Mathematics is a two-year full-time programme, to be concluded with a Masters thesis. In total the programme amounts to 120 EC.
1. Common core courses (18 EC)
The three courses in this part are compulsory for all students in the MSc Programme in Applied Mathematics
2. Orientation part (12 EC)
The student chooses two courses from a list of eight that are offered in the context of the cooperation among the three technical universities in the Netherlands
3. Mathematics Electives (18-30 EC)
The courses in this specialization part of the programme can be chosen from the lists of courses offered by the two specializations. Also courses from the orientation part may be included.
4. Non-Mathematics Electives (18-30 EC)
This part should be filled with courses from disciplines other than mathematics (such as technical subjects, computer science, management; the codes of these courses should not start with WI), a practical study (in The Netherlands or abroad), teacher training, etc. For students with a Bachelors degree outside of mathematics this part can also be used to compensate for deficiencies if necessary.
5. Masters Thesis (42 Ec)
This includes a research project, a written report and an oral presentation.
What is required to be considered for admission to an MSc programme? Please note: if you do not meet all the formal requirements, it is no use applying.
1)A. A good university Bachelor's degree in a main subject closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
orB. A proof that you have nearly completed a Bachelor's programme in a main subject which is closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
Exceptions: Management of Technology, Engineering and Policy Analysis and Science Education & Communication, to which all students holding any Bachelors of technology or science / engineering degree may be admitted.
2)A Bachelor's Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined for the country in which you obtained your Bachelors degree:
* Countries A - H
* Countries I - P
* Countries Q - Z
Please note: if you have not graduated yet your CGPA must meet the requirements at the time of application.
3)Proof of English language proficiency:
* A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 90 (internet-based test). Please note that we only accept the TOEFL internet-based test.
* or IELTS (academic version) overall Band score of at least 6.5.
* or proof that you have passed the University of Cambridge 'Certificate of Proficiency in English' or the University of Cambridge 'Certificate in Advanced English'
Only nationals from the USA, U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada are exempt from the proof of English language proficiency requirement. Applicants who obtained a bachelors degree in one of the mentioned countries, are also exempt from the proof of English language proficiency requirement.
Certificates older than two years are not accepted. As the whole process of collecting information, registering for the tests and receiving the test results may take several months, we advise you to register for the IELTS or TOEFL several months before starting your application.
It is allowed to send us a copy of your test results, please check the application documents for detailed information.
* For EU/EFTA nationals, the English language certificate may be submitted until 1 July provided that all other required hard copy documents are received before the application deadline of 1 April.
* Nationals of the Peoples Republic of China only: for visa purposes you need a Nuffic certificate as proof of your English language proficiency. In order to obtain the Nuffic certificate you will need to take the IELTS or TOEFL internet-based test.
4)A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 - 2,000 words) addressing the following:Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Why you wish to pursue this programme abroad and/or in the Netherlands in particular.
* Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here
* If there are optional specialisations in the Masters programme of your choice: which specialisation(s) interest you most, and why?
* Describe your hypothetical thesis project; what kind of a projectwould you prefer if you were free to make a choice? Also briefly explain what you would want to explore in your thesis project. Provide a maximum of three hypothetical thesis topics and elaborate on your particular interests in them.
* A brief summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment (to be) done for your Bachelors programme, including information on the credits earned, grade, and full workload.
5)Two reference letters in English, French, German or Dutch:
* one from from a professor or an assistant professor from the faculty from which you graduated.
* one from your employer, if you already have work experience.
If you have not yet graduated or do not have work experience, you need to provide two letters from professors or assistant professors from the faculty at which you are studying.
6)An extensive résumé (curriculum vitae) written in English.
7)Proof of identity
8)Please note:Applicants for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences, Design for Interaction, Integrated Product Design and Strategic Product Design are required to upload a digital portfolio. Please note that only uploaded portfolios will be processed. The programme specific portfolio requirements are described on the following pages:
* portfolio requirements for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences (and its five tracks)
* portfolio requirements for Design for Interaction
* portfolio requirements for Integrated Product Design
* Portfolio requirements for Strategic Product Design
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!