Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* You will gain the skills and knowledge to develop and implement policies aimed at reducing the burden of mental illness worldwide.
* You will develop the knowledge to integrate your initiatives into the wider aims of international development and address the global inequities in the provision of mental health services.
* Teaching will be delivered in intensive two-week blocks delivered on campus, enabling you to undertake the programme alongside existing career and training commitments.
* The learning outcomes (ILOs) for the programme are based on the Grand Challenges in Global Mental Health that were identified in a 2011 issue of Nature.
* You will have the opportunity to collaborate on a project with a non-government organisation or similar body, doing mental health-related work in a low or middle income country or cross-cultural mental health work in the UK.
* We have collaborative partnerships with organisations working in low and middle income countries. You will have opportunities to complete placements and projects with them.
The core teaching is based around lectures. There is a strong emphasis on discussion and debate with your academic staff and fellow students, focusing on relevant research literature and policy documents.
* Introduction to mental health and disability
* The global burden of mental health difficulties
* Cultural, social and biological determinants of mental health
* Research methods (qualitative, quantitative and health economics)
* Mental health promotion across the life-span
* Improving access to mental health care in the global context
* Mental health and disability: international law and policy
At least a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (psychology, medicine, nursing, occupational therapy, law, public health or public policy). A registered health-care professional qualification will also be acceptable. A background study, work or volunteer activities in a mental health-related field is desirable but not essential.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.