Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This is a full-time one-year or part-time two-year postgraduate programme. The programme will prepare successful graduates for a career in sports performance analysis, specialising in strength & conditioning, video analysis and nutrition. The programme is offered by the Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences in the Faculty on Education and Health Sciences. The course will increase understanding of the processes of advanced practice in sport performance analysis, by appreciating and challenging the current practice and designing innovative alternatives.
The aims and objectives of this programme, which includes a professional strength & conditioning (NSCA) qualification, reflect our commitment to the development of insightful, competent, critical and reflective sports performance practitioners who have the following dispositions, skills, and content knowledge:
* Display originality and insight in the field of strength and conditioning for team and individual sports.
* Demonstrate the skills of utilising video notational analysis to provide feedback to individuals participating in strength sports and/or in a strength training environment.
* Understand nutritional planning for elite sports performance.
* Construct a variety of integrated training practices combining sport-specific skills and related conditioning challenges to optimise player development and progression.
* Demonstrate an appreciation of current research within the area of speed sports.
* Organise and perform lab and field-based skills related to research on selected human movement activity and defend the results.
* Graduates will develop a sound understanding of the physiology and biomechanics background behind sports performance for speed, endurance, team and strength sports.
Semester 1 30 credits (Spring)
Qualitative Research Methods, Speed Sports, Endurance Sports, Team Sports, Strength Sports.
Semester 2 30 credits (Summer)
Professional Competencies (Problem-Based Learning), Research Methods, Strength & Conditioning (NSCA CSCS Accreditation), Placement.
Semester 3 30 credits (Autumn)
MSc Research Dissertation.*
Semester 1 18 credits (Spring)
Qualitative Research Methods, Speed Sports, Strength Sports.
Semester 2 9 credits (Summer)
Research Methods, Strength & Conditioning (NSCA CSCS Accreditation).
Semester 3 (Autumn)
Semester 4 12 credits (Spring)
Endurance Sports, Team Sports.
Semester 5 21 credits (Summer)
Professional Competencies (Problem-Based Learning), Placement.
Semester 6 15 credits (Autumn)
MSc Research Dissertation*
Semester 7 15 credits (Spring)
MSc Research Dissertation*
*a graduate diploma exit point is available for those students who do not wish to undertake the MSc Research Dissertation, and students who may wish to progress to a structured PhD within UL.
An undergraduate degree, 2.2 honours (Level 8 - National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) or higher, with preference given to applicants with related subjects such as health, sports science, physical education, nutrition, physiotherapy, anatomy or human biology. Relevant work experience in sport will also be advantageous.
Entry to the programme will be based on the result of a written application and appropriate academic references. There will be no interview.
RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) entry will be available.
Garda clearance will also be required for this programme.
What to include with your application
* Qualification transcripts and certificates
* English language qualification(s) if English is not your first language
* Certified English translation of your transcripts/certificates where the original transcripts are in a language other than English
* A CV (Curriculum Vitae)
* Scanned copy of any laboratory, sports/coaching related certification or workshop attendance
* A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||213|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.