Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
These courses have been specifically designed to meet the needs of practising community pharmacists. Because of their distance-learning format, participants can continue in full-time employment throughout the courses.
ObjectivesThe courses are intended to help community pharmacists to:
* Develop their clinical, managerial and research skills
* Meet duties imposed by the HSE contract
* Undertake the role of a supervising pharmacist or superintendent pharmacist with confidence
* Extend their professional role
* Contribute to patient care as part of the primary health care team.
The two courses have core material in common. Participants initially enter at M.Sc. level, and in Year 2 they may choose either to graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Community Pharmacy or to undertake a research component with a view to gaining a M.Sc. in Community Pharmacy.
Both courses are available on a part-time basis and participants undertake a series of modules covering clinical, social and business aspects of pharmacy practice, with opportunities for specialisation in particular fields. Pharmacists undertaking the M.Sc. complete an additional module on research methods and perform a research project relevant to community pharmacy practice.
* Be registered as pharmacists with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (or be entitled to apply for registration)
* Work on a regular basis (full/part-time) in community pharmacy.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|200 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||570|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||88|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.