|Application deadline:||May 28|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
There are three possible majors in the program, one in Italian in Banks and Financial Intermediaries and two in English: Economics and Finance.
The major in Italian gives students knowledge of and methodologies for the economic and financial sciences, applying them to the analysis and evaluation of the complexity of monetary and financial markets, including with regard to related innovations and appropriate regulatory and supervisory action. The major in Economics, held entirely in English, develops skills and the ability to analyze at the micro and macroeconomic level, which is useful in professionally furthering an international career as an economist; the major in Finance puts the emphasis on the functioning of financial markets and the efficiency of its intermediaries. The topics of international finance, asset management, transactions on the stock, bond and derivatives markets, including through the acquisition of appropriate quantitative and computer skills, are explored in depth.
A large number of those registered can access, if they are selected, the prestigious QTEM program carried out by LUISS in partnership with several of the most important universities in Europe and around the world.
The two majors in English also offer the possibility, for a limited number of students, to earn a Double Degree in Finance or in Economics with NOVA University in Lisbon.
Major: Financial Economics (in English)
I Year (2013/2014)
* Mathematical Methods for Economics and Finance
* Macroeconomic Analysis
* Microeconomic Analysis
* Advanced Microeconomics
* Advanced Macroeconomics
* Theory of Finance
* Econometric Theory
II Year (2014/2015)
* Financial Market Law and Regulation
* Fixed Income, credit and commodities
* Asset Management
Plus 2 elective courses in English (16 credits) offered in either the first or the second semester.
Final thesis 20
Others (internships, languages, etc.) 4
TOTAL no. credits 120
To apply, students need to complete the application form between September 19, 2012 and May 31, 2013. At the same time, they must send the following documentation by mail to LUISS Guido Carli Student Office, Viale Romania, 32, 00197 Rome:
* a certificate authenticating the results of the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) in each of the three sections: * Verbal
* Quantitative (only for courses in General Management and Financial Economics)
* Analytical Writing
For information on this test please consult the GMAT site or the GRE site.
* a certificate showing registration at a university and listing the exams taken,translated into Italian and certified by the local Italian consulate or embassy
* a secondary school diploma. If this was conferred abroad, it will need to be translated, certified, and accompanied by a declaration of equivalent value issued by the local Italian consulate or embassy
* the certificate verifying that the candidate has passed the academic qualification test, only if requested in order to access local universities
* a curriculum vitae
* a cover letter
* a reference letter
The requested material must be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching scans of each document to the email.
Only applications accompanied by all documentation and received by May 31, 2013 will be considered.
A special examination board will evaluate the material sent by each individual candidate and will establish rankings based on GMAT/GRE scores, academic background, curricular qualifications, and the motivations and age of the candidate.
Candidates will be conditionally admitted and will be fully admitted only when, after the final degree has been conferred by the candidates university, the original documentation, accompanied by the declaration of equivalent value, is received by the Student Office. For non-EU citizens, a certification of the students personal identity (an authenticated photo) is also required.
Students admitted will be notified via email, and with this notification they will receive the forms necessary to complete their enrollment by July 4,2013.
If LUISS Guido Carli decides to not to offer a degree program or specialization, this will be promptly communicated to the candidate.
Please note that, in accordance with MIUR regulations, degrees conferred abroad only allow access to Italian universities if:
* they have beenconferred by official schools in that countrys educational system;
* they entitle the student to enroll in universitiesin the country in which they were conferred;
* they have been conferred after a minimum of fifteen years of schooling overall (primary education, secondary education and a bachelors degree).
Furthermore, to meet admission requirements, students holding a US High School Diploma must also either:
* have successfully completed two years of college education (and be admitted to the third year);
* have successfully completed one year of college education (and be admitted to the second year) and have passed at least four U.S. Advanced Placement examinations (APs);
* have passed the Italian secondary school exam;
* hold a diploma (or have completed other qualifications) declared equivalent to the Italian secondary school exam.
To meet admission requirements, students holding GCEs (General Certificate of Education) must have six passing grades in different subjects, and at least three of these must be A-levels (advanced level).
For further information regarding foreign degrees and diplomas, students should contact the local Italian consulate or embassy in the country where the degree or diploma was conferred.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!