|Application deadline:||June 15th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, February 2015, September 2015|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||16 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Sustainable development has emerged as one of the grand challenges facing society in the 21st century. In the context of todays worldwide economic and financial turmoil firms have to rethink their capacity to deal with their economic, environmental, and social constraints.
The IUM Master in Sustainable Development is a program that aims at training tomorrows managers, financial and marketing experts to understand thoroughly and solve successfully the challenges of a development that meets human needs while conserving the earths life support systems.
At the end of the program graduates will be equipped to identify, propose and implement more sustainable ways of producing, consuming, investing and otherwise participating in projects and programs that are both environmentally sound and socially responsible.
The MSDEV at a glance
* Understanding the sustainable development challenges facing todays businesses, governments and supra-national organizations
* Explaining the sustainable development policy framework, including the governance and ethical considerations
* Designing and managing economically and financially viable projects that are both environmentally sound and socially responsible
* Implementing sustainable development strategies in the fields of marketing and finance.
Upon completion of the program, MSDEV graduates can apply their newly-acquired skills in any classical corporate function with a sustainability dimension, namely Finance, Marketing, Strategy, and Communication. Furthermore, they can successfully fulfill the profiles of:
* Sustainability and development project managers in international or non-governmental organizations;
* Experts in government agencies providing national sustainability policy analysis and design;
* Corporate social responsibility executives in the private sector;
* Consultants in firms specializing in environmental issues and green technologies;
* Socially responsible investment analysts in the financial industry.
* Management, Leadership, and Global Competition
* Corporate Finance
* Project Management
* Corporate Social Responsibility
* Business Ethics and Values
* Economics of Development
* Global Policy and History of Sustainable Development
* Environmental Economics
* Sustainable Development Law and Practices
* Eco-Innovation and Eco-Design
* Sea Protection
* Sustainable Energy
* Climate Change
* Marketing Management
* Eco-Consumption and Green Marketing
* Social Marketing
* Communicating on Sustainable Development
* Microfinance and NGO financing
* Financing Sustainable Development
* Socially Responsible Investing
- A 3 or 4-year university degree;
- Proof of English proficiency;
- An equivalent GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
As the University's mission reflects its commitment to maintaining a multicultural balance and other forms of diversity within its student body, the general entry requirements may not reflect the individual minimum standards set for applicants from differing educational systems and geographic areas.
Whenever possible the University seeks to establish requirements which are accessible and realistic given the country of origin of the applicant. An example would be an applicant's reasonable access to testing centers if standardized test are required or the requirement of transcripts and grades when an educational system issues only exam results.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
A University degree program is a substantial investment that needs to be carefully evaluated. IUM offers a number of scholarships to assist you in funding your studies. In addition, some of the best financing options available to prospective students may also be found in their country of origin or residence.
Please be aware that all IUM program acceptance criteria are based on merit and we do not take your financial situation into account when making our admissions decisions. Applying for funding will not affect you chances of being admitted to your program of choice but the competition for funding within each program can vary from year to year.
While some of our students receive aid from the University in the form of scholarships and awards, through sources in their home countries, or through sponsorship by their company, most use personal savings or take out loans in order to finance their tuition and living expenses while at IUM.
To help assess the financial obligations required to attend IUM you must first acquaint yourself with the program tuition and fees and an estimate of living expenses. While the Office of Admissions will do its best to assist you in meeting your financial needs, the responsibility of financing your degree ultimately lies with you.
List of Available IUM Scholarships:
IUM Undergraduate Merit-based Scholarship
IUM Graduate Merit-based Scholarship
The IUM Undergraduate and Graduate Merit-based scholarship will be awarded to applicants who show outstanding academic achievement, extraordinary leadership potential, and a significant contribution to the mission of the University.
IUM Alumni Scholarship
To qualify for this merit-based scholarship applicants must have graduated or be about to graduate from an IUM degree program.
IMPACT Scholarship (reserved to MBA and EMBA applicants)
The IMPACT Scholarship is designed to offer financial support to high potential individuals who seek to apply their MBA or Executive MBA experience to grow businesses and inspire entrepreneurial initiatives in their home country.
The IUM Monegasque Scholarship (reserved to Monegasque nationals)
The scholarship will be awarded to applicants who hold a Monegasque passport and possess a demonstrated high level of academic or personal achievement and support the mission of the University.