Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MSc Management programme complements the skills gained from a first degree for students of engineering, the sciences and humanities, with a comprehensive focus and understanding of key areas of business education. One of the outstanding benefits of our MSc Management is a full third semester of teaching, offering increased contact hours with our highly experienced academic staff. The programme prepares students for a wide range of professional and management careers across business functions and sectors.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
* Be sensitive to international business practices and contribute to the leadership, strategy and management of change
* Assess critically the relationship between organisations, their external context, and their management processes
* Review critically and apply creatively the body of knowledge relating to organisations, their external context, and their management processes
* Make informed judgements about the appropriate application of theory to managerial practice in relation to organisations, their external context and their management processes
* Evaluate and recommend options for the improvement of managerial practice in relation to organisations, their external context, and their management processes
* Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to become a more effective manager by learning to integrate and align organisational processes, systems, and people to meet today's critical challenges and goals.
Whilst the University will make every effort to offer the modules listed, changes may sometimes be made arising from the annual monitoring, review and update of modules and regular (five-yearly) review of course programmes. Where this activity leads to significant (but not minor) changes to programmes and their constituent modules, there will normally be prior consultation of students and others. It is also possible that the University may not be able to offer a module for reasons outside of its control, such as the illness of a member of staff or sabbatical leave. Where this is the case, the University will endeavour to inform students.
Compulsory Study (140 credits) Students will select 140 credits from the following module(s).
* Business Strategy
* Financial and Management Accounting
* Human Resource Management
* International Business
* Leadership & Change
* Management Skills & Personal Development
* Principles of Marketing
Option A Study (40 credits) Students will select 40 credits from the following module(s).
* Brand Leadership
* Business Finance
* Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
* Operations and Supply Chain Management
* Retail Operations and Strategy
Applicants should normally have a good first degree from a recognised higher education institution in the UK or overseas in disciplines other than business or management. Applicants from overseas may hold a non-UK degree in any discipline.
Undergraduate Degree Subject: All subjects excluding Business (unless studied in a non-UK context)
Undergraduate Degree Classification: Good 2.2 or equivalent
Students for whom English is a foreign language
We welcome applications from students whose first language is not English or those whose degree was not taught in English. To ensure such students benefit fully from postgraduate study, we require evidence of proficiency in English. We also will require a certain standard to be achieved on the written element of the test. Our usual entry requirements are as follows:
* IELTS: 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in all components)
* TOEFL: Internet-based score of 92 overall (minimum 21 in the listening and writing components; 22 in the reading component; and 23 in the speaking component)
* PTE: 62 overall (minimum 55 in all components)
In certain circumstances we may require you to complete a Pre-Sessional English for Academic Purposes course prior to beginning your programme. This course may be taken at our INTO Language Learning Centre.
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||92|
Scholarships may be offered to UK/EU and International students. Scholarships are normally awarded to students on the basis of academic merit and are usually for the duration of the period of study.
Funding for postgraduate study is also available both from the university and from a number of external schemes.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
An INTO course can help you prepare for study if you do not qualify for direct entry to this programme.Learn more on INTO »
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.