Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This MA programme examines the historic house within its, social, cultural and economic context. It considers issues such as the rise and decline of the country house in Ireland, historic houses as sites for luxury consumption, and the evolution of landed estates and landscapes. Drawing on established links with the Yorkshire County House Partnership it offers, when viable, an intensive summer module designed to open up a comparative study of historic houses in Britain and Ireland.
Conservation, Cultural Tourism, Heritage Industry, University Sector.
The Programme will be delivered within NUI Maynooth semesters and will run from September to December of the following year.
* THE IRISH COUNTRY HOUSE: A SURVEY HISTORY
* HISTORIC HOUSES AND THE WORLD OF GOODS
* THESIS COMPLETION
* HERITAGE, CONSERVATION AND CULTURAL TOURISM
* THESIS PREPARATION
* THE EVOLUTION OF IRISH LANDED ESTATES AND DESIGNED LANDSCAPES
* GREAT HOUSES OF IRELAND AND YORKSHIRE: INTERPRETATION AND REPRESENTATION