|Application deadline:||1 April|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Student interaction:||Online group works/assignments|
|Teacher support:||Continuous support with feedback on request|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Most of the challenging issues faced by society today cannot be solved by technology alone. Engineering excellence must be coupled with insight into societal needs and the mastery of project and process management tools. Solutions require collaboration both across disciplines and across national and cultural boundaries. Political, moral, cultural and socioeconomic considerations are crucial to the decision-making process. The Master's programme in Engineering and Policy Analysis (EPA) deals with these issues. Multi-actor perspectives, stakeholder management techniques, adaptive policymaking, exploratory modelling and how to deal with deep uncertainty are all part and parcel of EPA. The faculty of TPM offers a coherent online package of five courses in the field of policy analysis. The courses introduce students to the complexity of developing and defining policies and sustainable solutions for the challenges of tomorrow.
EPA has a very strong international orientation; 85% of the students come from abroad, half of them from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
EPA is also offered as a double-degree programme with the Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in China. EPA is also partner in the prestigious EPA - Online: track policy analysis
The courses introduce you to the complexity of developing and defining policies and sustainable solutions for the challenges of tomorrow. The courses are:
* Principles of Policy Analysis
* Continuous Systems Modelling
* Policy and Strategy Models
* Policy Analysis of Multi-actor Systems
* Technology Development & Impact Assessment
The Individual courses or complete package?
You may both choose to attend one or more individual courses or the complete package of five courses in policy analysis. Participants will receive a certificate for each course after completion. The certificates may lead up to an Master's degree later on (please contact us for more details if you have ambitions in this respect).
The MSc programme Engineering and Policy Analysis (EPA) is a two-year full-time programme taught in English. The fundamental themes of the EPA programme are policy analysis, systems modelling, economics, and management, represented in the Programme by different colours. The academic year starts in early September and continues until July of the following year. The curriculum comprises two years of two semesters each (one semester has two course periods), which adds up to 120 EC*.
The table on the right shows the standard two-year course; the third semester differs for students enrolled in the double degree programme with Harbin Institute of Technology.
In the second year of the Master programmes of the Faculty Technology, Policy and Management, students choose a specialisation:
* Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (+ annotation)
* ICT Management and Design
* Infrastructure and Environmental Governance (+ annotation)
* Economics and Finance
* Modelling, Simulation and Gaming
* Research Specialisation
* Safety and Security
* Supply Chain Management
Two of the specialisations also offer an annotation, meaning that the graduation project is carried out externally in a related organisation (or internally on a relevant subject but with an external committee member).
What is required to be considered for admission to an MSc programme? Please note: if you do not meet all the formal requirements, it is no use applying.
1) A good university Bachelor's degree in a main subject closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
or B. A proof that you have nearly completed a Bachelor's programme in a main subject which is closely related to the MSc programme to which you are applying, with good grades on the key courses.
Exceptions: Management of Technology, Engineering and Policy Analysis and Science Education & Communication, to which all students holding any Bachelors of technology or science / engineering degree may be admitted.
2) A Bachelor's Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined for the country in which you obtained your Bachelors degree:
* Countries A - H
* Countries I - P
* Countries Q - Z
Please note: if you have not graduated yet your CGPA must meet the requirements at the time of application.
3) A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 - 2,000 words) addressing the following:Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Your motivation for taking the MSc programme of your choice.
* Why you wish to pursue this programme abroad and/or in the Netherlands in particular.
* Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here
* If there are optional specialisations in the Masters programme of your choice: which specialisation(s) interest you most, and why?
* Describe your hypothetical thesis project; what kind of a projectwould you prefer if you were free to make a choice? Also briefly explain what you would want to explore in your thesis project. Provide a maximum of three hypothetical thesis topics and elaborate on your particular interests in them.
* A brief summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment (to be) done for your Bachelors programme, including information on the credits earned, grade, and full workload.
4) Two reference letters in English, French, German or Dutch:
* one from from a professor or an assistant professor from the faculty from which you graduated.
* one from your employer, if you already have work experience.
If you have not yet graduated or do not have work experience, you need to provide two letters from professors or assistant professors from the faculty at which you are studying.
5) An extensive résumé (curriculum vitae) written in English.
6) Proof of identity
7) Please note:Applicants for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences, Design for Interaction, Integrated Product Design and Strategic Product Design are required to upload a digital portfolio. Please note that only uploaded portfolios will be processed. The programme specific portfolio requirements are described on the following pages:
* portfolio requirements for Architecture Urbanism & Building Sciences (and its five tracks)
* portfolio requirements for Design for Interaction
* portfolio requirements for Integrated Product Design
* Portfolio requirements for Strategic Product Design
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
TU Delft wishes to remain a technology university with a leading global reputation. To do this, our aim is to maintain a full range of high-quality disciplines, courses and unique facilities in the engineering sciences. Collaboration is an essential part of this, on the basis of our strong identity and reputation. TU Delft wants to be a breeding ground for cutting-edge technological scientific developments to meet the great societal challenges of our age.
TU Delfts mission is to make a significant contribution towards a sustainable society for the twenty-first century by conducting groundbreaking scientific and technological research which is acknowledged as world-class, by training scientists and engineers with a genuine commitment to society and by helping to translate knowledge into technological innovations and activity with both economic and social value.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.