|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is aimed at students who wish to pursue a career in agriculture and sustainable development in the private sector, research, NGO or government communities. It provides a firm grounding in research methods applicable to the study of sustainable agriculture and the intellectual tools for understanding sustainable agriculture systems. The courses combine theoretical approaches and empirically based learning from case studies of real projects and agricultural scenarios.
Teaching will focus on case studies from NRIs corporate experience of looking at how research into agricultural issues, both in the natural and social sciences, can be translated into knowledge and products that have real impact on increasing the effectiveness of agriculture in delivering food security and enhancing livelihoods for all stakeholders. The potential role of agricultural innovations, both in technology, including biotechnology, knowledge systems, extension services and institutional partnerships in promoting development are also a strong theme in courses.
The aims of the programme are:
* To understand modern agricultural systems and the associated technologies of production together with their potential impacts on agriculture and livelihoods
* To understand the social, institutional and economic context within which agriculture operates
* To understand modern agriculture and its role in sustainable development.
Assessment consists of a combination of assignments, essays, presentations, reports, portfolios and formal examinations.
This programme provides specialist expertise for those working or seeking to work in agricultural development or research, or pursuing an advanced agricultural or development qualification in the UK and overseas. Students graduate with a broad general knowledge of agricultural applications in sustainable development and also more focused in-depth knowledge.
* Research Methods (15 credits)
* Tools for Sustainable Agriculture (15 Credits)
* Integrated Pest Management (30 credits)
* Independent research project dissertation (60 credits)
* Two to four options from a list that currently includes: Agronomy (15); Agroforestry (15); Economics, Agriculture, and Marketing (15); Livestock and Sustainable Agriculture (15); Biotechnology and Transgenic Crops (30); Plant Disease Management (15); Plant Quarantine and Sustainable Resource Management (15); Biotechnology and Diagnostic Methods (30); Agricultural Innovation for Development (15); Soils and Environments (15) (60 credits)
Applicants should have:
An honours degree (at least 2.2 or above)
OR an equivalent professional qualification in an appropriate subject.
Where English is the second language, an IELTS average score of 6.5 (for each of the four areas) or 7 is required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!