|Application deadline:||You can apply throughout the year|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
We believe that these viewpoints are mistaken. For us, branding is about delivering a rewarding experience to customers, while innovation is about an organisational effort aimed at differentiating a company through original value creation. In other words, each is inextricably linked.
How this course is taught:
You are taught through a range of lectures, seminars, industry visits and group tutorials. There is a strong emphasis on independent research.
How this course is assessed:
You are assessed on evidence of your knowledge, understanding through application of ideas, research and methodological structure and your technical and applied skills.
Key study topics include:
* Exploratory project
* Research and communication methods
* Theoretical discourse
* Professional practice
* Work placement opportunity
* Final project culminating the ideas and concepts developed throughout the course.
During the course you acquire the key fundamental concepts of business management in the creative industries through lectures, seminars and workshops, as well as individual research, identification of an area of individual inquiry, project development and then realisation through a major project.
* Research and Method - this unit offers a shared, common starting point for postgraduate level study through two distinct components:
1) Method - focuses on practice. In response to a brief (or a series of briefs) you will explore research and practice appropriate to Design Innovation & Brand Management at postgraduate level.. Through this brief you will also be inducted into the use of workshops and facilities relevant to your practice.
2) Research - is designed to support and advance the project work produced during the rest of your MA study through a developed investigation of research methods. You will define, articulate and critically reflect upon the research concerns of your own practice during this unit, thereby underpinning and enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the chosen field of study, as well as developing your ability to communicate this in a variety of ways
* Exploratory Practice - focuses upon self-directed practice in which you will define and develop individual rationales and methods of working. Research and practice will be directed and guided by a Project Proposal in which you negotiate and review your practice with your tutor.
* Reflection and Development - the work undertaken in this unit should build on the research questions you initiated and explored in the Exploratory Practice unit. Although you will not have concluded your research project, the work completed for this unit should be considerably more resolved and establish a clear line of inquiry - through materials, concept or context. Within this unit you may decide to undertake a number of separate 'tasks' with a coherent set of aims or a single project spread across the unit, your work may be practical or theoretical in nature. Throughout the unit you will be encouraged to critically reflect on the development of your project.
* Professional Practice and Creative Project Management - this unit comprises of two distinct components. These components help you to evaluate and understand your practice from both professional and theoretical perspectives:
1) Professional Practice - to enable and empower you to operate within the field of Design, Innovation & Brand Management you are expected to undertake some form of professional practice during this semester establishing external links appropriate to your subject area as agreed with your tutor.
2) Creative Project Management - provides you with a framework to facilitate your progression towards the Final Project by practicing project management skills delivered in the unit. Two established models will form the foundation of Project Management. These are transferable to creative enterprise and employment, both in the commercial and public sector. Regardless of career prospects or type of goal, they embody a practical framework for setting, achieving and evaluating objectives.
* Final Project - is the culmination of your studies and will form an exposition of the central ideas and concepts developed throughout your MA. As such it should achieve a resolution to previous project units and demonstrate evidence of advanced conceptual, theoretical and technical capability over an extended period of self-directed study.
* A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or;
* Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
For this course we assess your written application. Potential offers will be made based on your application form, predicted qualifications, personal statement and reference. You may be invited for an Applicant Day to further discuss your application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!