Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
We believe that these viewpoints are mistaken. For us, branding is about delivering a rewarding experience to customers, while innovation is about an organisational effort aimed at differentiating a company through original value creation. In other words, each is inextricably linked.
How this course is taught
You are taught through a range of lectures, seminars, industry visits and group tutorials. There is a strong emphasis on independent research.
How this course is assessed
You are assessed on evidence of your knowledge, understanding through application of ideas, research and methodological structure and your technical and applied skills.
Key study topics include:
* Exploratory project
* Research and communication methods
* Theoretical discourse
* Professional practice
* Work placement opportunity
* Final project culminating the ideas and concepts developed throughout the course.
During the course you acquire the key fundamental concepts of business management in the creative industries through lectures, seminars and workshops, as well as individual research, identification of an area of individual inquiry, project development and then realisation through a major project.
* Customers, Communication and Promotion- understanding how to apply communication and promotion theory in practice in order to gain significant competitive advantage and build customer loyalty.
* Research Methods- designed to support and advance the project work produced during the rest of your MA study through a developed investigation of research methods. You define, articulate and critically reflect upon the research concerns of your own practice during this unit, thereby underpinning and enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the chosen field of study, as well as developing your ability to communicate this in a variety of ways.
* The Management Imperative - provides you with an introduction to the world of business and the role you and design have to play within it.
* Creative Project Management: Planning to Succeed- provides you with a framework to facilitate your progression towards the Final Major Project by practicing project management skills delivered in the unit.
* Innovating Fashion Strategy - you have the option to attend the lectures from this unit but will not need to submit work for assessment.
* Strategic Innovation and Brand Engagement - you explore how innovation can help companies invigorate existing markets and create new markets learning how to best manage the innovation and brand development process, encouraging creativity within a new product or service context illustrating the value that can be gained through greater integration.
* Management Final Major Project - the culmination of your studies and will form a written critical exploration of the central theories and concepts taught and developed throughout your MA.
For further information please view the programme specification
* Please note the syllabus content is for the academic year indicated and is provided as a guide. The content of the course may be subject to change.
* A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or;
* Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component) or equivalent.
You may be offered a place on a course on the condition that you improve your English language and study skills. We offer two pre-sessional English language courses which can improve your IELTS score by a maximum of 1.0 and 0.5, or equivalent.
You should provide some evidence of recent academic and/or professional activity within this field. You also need to submit a personal statement with your application detailing your interest. This course has a heavy written component and requires good essay writing skills.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.