|Application deadline:||At least two months before the start date|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
We are not accepting applications for the MBA International Business programme.
The MBA International Business has been designed to make graduates eminently employable in almost any industry.
This programme covers all aspects of conducting business globally, with a focus on three key themes: strategy, ethics and internationalism.
The course is highly practical as well as academic, providing graduates with both the necessary tools and theoretical underpinning for success in any business situation.
The programme offers theoretical understanding and a critical awareness of the major strategic challenges facing contemporary global business.
The international focus throughout is underpinned by an integral period spent studying at one of our partner institutions abroad.
A unique feature of the MBA programme is the mentoring scheme.
Why should I choose this programme?
The MBA programme instils the skills, knowledge and attributes essential to develop as an effective and successful international business leader.
Key skills, aims and objectives
You will learn to apply knowledge, analytical and research skills to improving business and management practice, and contribute to strategic and functional areas in all types of organisations.
The course will enable you to show leadership and creativity when faced with complex problems and be able to plan and implement tasks at a senior management level.
Graduates of the programme can expect to find employment in any number of industries and professional organisations, ranging from multinational companies to small and medium-sized enterprises. Consultancy and banking will be open to you, as will careers in marketing and retailing, or starting your own business.
We are not accepting applications for the MBA International Business programme.
There are two entry points a year in January and September. If you begin your studies in September, it will take approximately 12 months; if you start in January, it will take approximately 16 months.
This is a full-time programme, covering three semesters.
The programme is composed of modules, each of which carries a specific credit value.
You will complete nine core (mandatory) modules, plus two modules of your choice (elective modules) during your period of study abroad and a business project.
The international focus of the MBA programme is underpinned by the 4-10 week period of study abroad that you will undertake during the summer semester. You will choose two elective modules from your host institutions MBA course offerings to study during this period.
Our partner institutions have been selected for their international standing, the reputation of their MBA programmes and their course compatibility.
Each student on the MBA programme is paired with an experienced professional for the duration of the course. Each mentoring relationship is unique and allows you to draw on the professional and life experiences of your mentor to develop your own skills, ideas and self-reliance. Mentors are recruited from our extensive network of Regent's College alumni and business relations contacts.
Semesters 1 and 2
* Business and Competitive Environments
* Crossing Continents: Language and Culture in Business
* Entrepreneurship and New Business Ventures
* Financial and Managerial Accounting
* Financial Management
* Information and E-Business
* Managing Organisations and People
* Marketing in Diverse Environments
* Operations and Services Management
In addition, you have the option to study a language, to enhance your portfolio of international business skills. Choose from: Arabic, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese or Mandarin Chinese.
Summer - Study Period Abroad
* Two elective modules from the programme of your study-abroad destination
* Business Project
* A minimum of a lower-second class (2:2) UK honours undergraduate degree or its international equivalent from a recognised institution. Other equivalent international qualifications as recommended by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre will be accepted. If you are unsure as to the comparability of your qualification, please contact us.
* A minimum of three years relevant full-time, postgraduate work experience in a supervisory or managerial position
* A demonstrable command of business-related skills and attributes
GMAT - the GMAT is not an essential entry criterion for those candidates with a first degree. However we highly recommend that students wishing to enter the course via the exceptional entry route (see below) should take the GMAT. Our programme code is 2DP-F7-59
We also welcome applications from candidates who do not meet the essential entry criteria outlined above. In order to be accepted for exceptional entry, you must:
Hold a minimum of two years managerial work experience
Provide a 1000-word personal statement outlining your reasons for applying, and how your previous experience is of relevance to the programme you are applying for
Be prepared to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel
For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require a recent pass in any of the following qualifications:
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, grade C
* GCSE/IGCSE English, grade C (for non-EU IGCSE students, please provide along with the IGCSE certificate, the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
* IB Diploma English A grade 4 or above HL or SL. English B grade 5 at HL
* IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of 6.5 (for non-EU students: a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
* TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 (internet-based test) (TOEFL results not accepted post 17 April 2014 for non EU/UK students)
* Pearson Test (PTE Academic) with an average score of 58 (minimum of 51 in each component) (for non-EU Students: a minimum score of 51 in each component)
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive; for more information about other accepted English language qualifications, please contact us.
Please also note that you may be exempt from taking an English language test if the last three years of your full-time education have been taught completely in English.
Students who require an international student visa to study in the UK and whose native language is not English, are also be required to meet specific grade requirements and conditions of study as stipulated by the UK Border Agency (UKBA).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||577|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!