|Application deadline:||At least two months before the start date|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The European Business School London MBA programme provides students with the skills and experience to undertake the challenges of senior-level management. The programme has an international focus, underpinned by the integral 6-12 week Study Period Abroad (SPA) which can be spent in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Korea, South Africa, Spain or USA.
MBA Programme Aims
* Develop and enhance strategic, integrated views of organisations and management at individual, group, functional, organisational and strategic levels
* Challenge convention by removing subject and functional boundaries, so as to make effective decisions in the absence of complete data.
* Develop a critical awareness of the operation of global organisations within their international environment
* Develop an advanced understanding of international, ethical and strategic concepts and current theories in the management of global businesses
MBA Programme Features
A multidisciplinary and integrative curriculum reinforcing the strategic, international and ethical dimensions of business.
A Crossing Continents module (see Module Outline for details) with specifically tailored learning outcomes, focusing on the multicultural dimension of international business.
The EBS London MBA programme has a unique mentoring scheme. Each student on the programme is paired with an experienced professional for the duration of the course. Each mentoring relationship is unique and allows the student to draw on the professional and life experiences of their mentor to develop their own skills, ideas and self reliance. Mentors are recruited from our extensive network of Regent's College alumni and business relations contacts.
Study Period Abroad
A core part of our MBA programme is the specialist Study Abroad Period, allowing students to:
* Gain practical experience through exposure to the culture and language of a different country
* Experience new and different learning environments
* Encounter new and different working environments through possible internships
* Enrich their educational experience through a meaningful and real experience that differs from the simulated role-play approach of traditional MBAs
EBS London offers MBA students free evening classes in nine languages to expand and enhance their language portfolio:
* Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish
Dedicated MBA Facilities
Our pro-active Careers and Business Relations centre has an extensive and growing network of business links worldwide, and organises networking events throughout the year, including postgraduate job fairs and workshops.
Off Campus Teaching
Students with long-term health conditions and disabilities, please be aware this course includes off-campus teaching elements.
* Managing Organisations and People for the 21st Century
* Entrepreneurship and New Business Ventures
* Financial and Managerial Accounting
* Operations & Services Management
* Marketing in Diverse Environments
* Crossing Continents
* Business and Competitive Environments
* Financial Management
* Information & E-Business Management Systems
Study Period Abroad - 6-12 Weeks (Summer)
* Elective 1
* Elective 2
Undertaken throughout the programme.
Successful applicants for the MBA International Business course at EBS London should have:
* Minimum of a lower second class UK Honours undergraduate degree, or its international equivalent, in any discipline, from a recognised institution
* A minimum of 2 years of full-time, postgraduate work experience in a managerial or supervisory position
* Fluency in English
English Language Requirements
For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require a recent pass in any of the following qualifications:
European Union/European Economic Area Nationals
For students who are nationals of the EU/EEA countries and English is not their native language, we require one the following qualifications*:
* IELTS score 6.5
* TOEFL score 90 in the internet-based test, 233 in the computer-based, and 577 in the paper-based. The TOEFL code for EBS London is 2487.
* Cambridge Advanced English Certificate grades A-C
* Certificate of Proficiency in English grades A-C
* Pearson Test of English with 58 points
* EIKEN English test Grade Pre 1
* This requirement may be waived if the last three years of the student's education were in English. We reserve the right to request an English test at our discretion.
For students who are non-EU/EEA nationals and English is not their native language, we require one the following qualifications in accordance with UK Border Agency (UKBA) guidelines*:
* IELTS overall score of 6.5 showing a minimum of a 5.5 pass in all four components of the test
* TOEFL with 90 points, showing a minimum pass of Reading 18, Listening 17, Speaking 20, Writing 17 (please note that the computer-based and paper-based tests are not accepted by the UKBA)
* Pearson Test of English with 58 points, showing a minimum pass of 51 in all four components of the test
* Cambridge Advanced English Grade C or above in all elements
* Please note this requirement is not only for academic purposes, but more importantly to meet the UKBA guidelines for a Tier 4 student visa.
EBS London welcomes applications from candidates who do not meet the essential entry criteria outlined above. In order to be accepted via exceptional entry, the candidate must:
* Hold a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
* Provide us with a 1500 word statement outlining their rationale for applying to the course, and how their previous experience is of relevance to the course they are applying for.
* Be prepared to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel.
* Students applying via the exceptional entry route are strongly advised to take the GMAT. Our programme code is 2DP-F7-59.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||577|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
At least 2 year(s) of work experience are required.
Bursaries offer students cover for the full cost of tuition fees. They will not cover any contribution to subsistence or travel costs in the United Kingdom.
Additional costs of study abroad, trips, essential materials etc. will be considered dependent on course, financial status and student need.
Bursaries will be limited to 40 every academic year and will be given for full time study on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at the College.
Bursaries are open to all UK residents applying to Regents College.
These bursaries are awarded to students who demonstrate an academic achievement of:
* 3 grade Bs at A level or an equivalent from a United Kingdom recognised institution for undergraduate programme applications
* A first or equivalent from a United Kingdom recognised institution at undergraduate level for postgraduate applications
* Have an annual household income of less than £50,000 and provide appropriate supporting documents in order to prove this
* Have been normally domiciled in the United Kingdom for the last 3 years
How to apply for a Regent's College Bursary
Review the website and the courses available. Select your preferred course, the Regents College Course Finder will help you.
The bursary application is a three step process:
Step 1: Register your interest by email. Please send us the following information:
* Full name
* Full postal address
* Email address
* Course of interest
* Preferred start date (Autumn 2011/Spring 2012)
Potential bursary students will then be personally invited by Regents College to complete Steps 2 & 3, comprising of application to your preferred programme at the College and completion of the online eligibility and verification form.
Along with your application you will be asked to send us a 500 word statement for the attention of the Bursary Committee, stating why you should be considered for the award and what contribution you feel you will make to the College.
The Bursary Committee will want to see evidence of academic strength and/or potential.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.