|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Postgraduate diploma students. This top-up programme is for those students who have completed the two-year postgraduate diploma in nursing programme at Southampton.
Duration: one year full time, up to two years part time
This award consists of two study days and associated reading, drawing together and consolidating research teaching from the PGDip. You are then required to undertake one out of three dissertation assignments. The award must be completed within five years of qualifying.
This programme consists of:
a. a two-day introduction to the award and consolidation of previous learning
b. you will be required to write a 15,000-20,000 word dissertation. The pass mark is 50%. You can choose between three dissertation assignments:
* Promoting evidence based practice
* Empirical study
* Practice inquiry
The evidence-based dissertation will inform personal practice and potentially wider service provision. In addition it demonstrates your ability to study
independently and with academic supervision undertake a critical exploration of a topic, analysing it from multiple dimensions, using evidence from a wide range of sources, and drawing conclusions from the project to disseminate to practice.
* Framing original questions from the analysis of the practice context
* Systematic searching, identification of criteria and selection of robust evidence
* Qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis and interpretation
* Critical appraisal of different types of evidence using critical appraisal tools
* Research governance and ethics
* Evaluation, interpretation and transferability of evidence
* Critical awareness of the full range of concepts and current research or professional issues in your specialised field
* Project management
* Presenting findings for a range of audiences
* Effective, accurate report writing and dissemination strategy
Successfully achieved the Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing with Registration on the NMC nurse part of the register (formerly Parts 12 (Adult), 13 (Mental Health) and 15 (Children)) studied at the University of Southampton according to the curriculum validated in March 2002.
Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.