|Application deadline:||First session: March 30st Second session: July 31th, 2014|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2014, October 2014, August 2015|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Today, software engineers face new challenges as today software permeates any aspect of our life reaching the mass with sophisticated systems like Global Positioning System (GPS), life-critical like Nuclear Reactor Control systems (NRC), or business-essential like Enterprise Resource systems (ERP). For this reason, today the quality of software and software services, in terms of reliability, safety, and security is of paramount importance.
The European Master in Software Engineering (EMSE) is a 2-year international master program, completely taught in English, a cooperation among the departments of computer science of:
* Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), in Karlskrona, Sweden
* University of Kaiserslautern (UIKL), in Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (FUB), in Bolzano, Italy
EMSE aims at being the most knowledgeable 2-year 120 ECTS MSc program in Europe that awards a degree in Software Engineering and preparing world-class students for both a research and a professional career in SE.
The objective is to promote the creation of software engineers who meet the requirements of international software practice today, offering them a European study programme based on the coordination of the strengths of each of the partner institutions, which, also, have a sound reputation in the field.
Students will prepared to cope with professional practice that will encompass a wide range of activities, including technical, problem solving, management, ethical and legal issues, written and oral communication abilities
With EMSE You will
* gain a solid knowledge to be applied as managers in software companies or IT specialist or researchers in academia. The course also prepares You for follow-up PhD studies in SE. (e.g. International Doctorate in Software Engineering (IDSE);
* live and study in two different countries. Being part of an international community of students will be an enriching experience.
Don't miss an opportunity that will change your life!
The EMSE course makes up a jointly developed curriculum fully recognized by the consortium members. At each partners, subjects are organized into courses distributed across three semesters with total of 90 ECTS. 30 ECTS credit points are assigned to the thesis in the fourth semester. This results in a two-year programme of 120 ECTS (60 ECTS per year).
Specificities, internship, project, and thesis are the major factors of specialization differentiating the partners offers, but students can also benefit from specific localizations of common core areas.
To improve trading-off theory and practice, to enforce a seamless synergy between the industrial and academic stakeholder and to help students employability, the new EMSE curriculum includes a compulsory Internship Program.
Every academic (full and associated) partner offers an internship (8 ECTS = 200 hrs.) in an external organization (e.g. non-academic associated partners) after the second semester of any learning path.
In addition, the Task Force commits is to recruit new organizations willing to hosts students internships or thesis. Actually, non-academic associated partners can host students for any elective activity and USP has expressed the intention to host 12 students per year for an Internship with its companies.
The Internship Program provides a direct channel for feedback and evaluation of EMSE program in terms of its practical application to real world. Feedback from companies and research centers as well as from students will be collected at the internship completion by the advisory office of the Second University. To reassume, the Companies and institutions already adhering to the Internship Program are:
* Fraunhofer-Institute for Experimental Software Engineering (IESE), Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Boadilla del Monte - Madrid, Spain
* ICMC Departamento de Ciências Computação Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil
* Ericsson AB, Karlskrona, Sweden
* Würth Phoenix Srl, Bolzano, Italy
* Raifeissen Online, Bolzano, Italy
* Kiratech, Verona, Italy
To be eligible to apply for EMSE students must satisfy both the following conditions:
* Respect the application deadline
* Provide proof of proficiency in English language. TOEFL (>=550 (paper based), >=213 (computer-based), or >= 81 (internet-based)), IELTS (>=6.0) or equivalent certificates. Only applicants who are Nationals and/or first-degree-holders of Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, English-speaking Canada, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritius, Micronesia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guine, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America, Zambia or Zimbabwe do not have to submit language certificates. The Consortium can request a further personal interview to assess the student's English level.
* Have been awared a BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or degrees with equivalent skills in the three areas (Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering).
* Provide a certificate of the subjects taken during their degrees, along with the marks obtained and the number of hours/credits devoted to each subject (Transcript of records).
Students will be selected according to the following criteria:
* Language skills
* Type of entrance qualification
* Academic records
* Work experience and professional qualifications
* Motivation and willingness
These requirements are the same for all applicants, regardless of sex, age, or nationality. However, there are differences between European (EU) and Non-European (NON-EU) candidates for the application process. Assessment criteria is exhaustively defined in the Consortium's internal regulations.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||81|