|Application deadline:||First session: March 31st Second session: July 15th, 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2014, October 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Today, software engineers face new challenges as today software permeates any aspect of our life reaching the mass with sophisticated systems like Global Positioning System (GPS), life-critical like Nuclear Reactor Control systems (NRC), or business-essential like Enterprise Resource systems (ERP). For this reason, today the quality of software and software services, in terms of reliability, safety, and security is of paramount importance.
The European Master in Software Engineering (EMSE) is a 2-year international master program, completely taught in English, a cooperation among the departments of computer science of:
* Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), in Karlskrona, Sweden
* University of Kaiserslautern (UIKL), in Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (FUB), in Bolzano, Italy
EMSE aims at being the most knowledgeable 2-year 120 ECTS MSc program in Europe that awards a degree in Software Engineering and preparing world-class students for both a research and a professional career in SE.
The objective is to promote the creation of software engineers who meet the requirements of international software practice today, offering them a European study programme based on the coordination of the strengths of each of the partner institutions, which, also, have a sound reputation in the field.
Students will prepared to cope with professional practice that will encompass a wide range of activities, including technical, problem solving, management, ethical and legal issues, written and oral communication abilities
With EMSE You will
* gain a solid knowledge to be applied as managers in software companies or IT specialist or researchers in academia. The course also prepares You for follow-up PhD studies in SE. (e.g. International Doctorate in Software Engineering (IDSE);
* live and study in two different countries. Being part of an international community of students will be an enriching experience.
Don't miss an opportunity that will change your life!
8 The EMSE course makes up a jointly developed curriculum fully recognized by the consortium members. At each partners, subjects are organized into courses distributed across three semesters with total of 90 ECTS. 30 ECTS credit points are assigned to the thesis in the fourth semester. This results in a two-year programme of 120 ECTS (60 ECTS per year).
Specificities, internship, project, and thesis are the major factors of specialization differentiating the partners offers, but students can also benefit of specific localizations of common core areas.
To improve trading-off theory and practice, to enforce a seamless synergy between the industrial and academic stakeholder and to help students employability, the new EMSE curriculum includes a compulsory Internship Program.
Every academic (full and associate) partner offers an internship (8 ECTS = 200 hrs.) in an external organization (e.g. associate non-academic partners) after the second semester of any learning path.
In addition, the Task Force commits is working to recruit new organizations willing to hosts students internships or theses. Actually, non-academic associate partners can host students for any elective activity and USP has expressed the intention to host 12 students per year for an Internship with its companies.
The Internship Program provides a direct channel for feedback and evaluation of EMSE program in terms of its practical application to real world. Feedback from companies and research centers as well as from students will be collected at the internship completion by the advisory office of the Second University. to reassume the Companies and institutions already adhering to the Internship Program are:
* Fraunhofer-Institute for Experimental Software Engineering (IESE), Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Boadilla del Monte - Madrid, Spain
* ICMC Departamento de Ciências Computação Universidade de São Paulo, São Carlos, Brazil
* Ericsson AB, Karlskrona, Sweden
* Würth Phoenix Srl, Bolzano, Italy
To be eligible to apply for EMSE students must satisfy both the following conditions:
* Have been awarded a Bachelor degree (a minimum of three years' study at a university and corresponding to the equivalent of 180 ECTS) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer engineering.
* Provide proof of proficiency in English language proved by TOEFL with at least 550 (paper based), 213(computer based), 81 (internet-based), IELTS at grade minimum 6.0 or equivalent certificate.An English proficiency certificate is not required in case of native speakers who come from countries where English is an official language.
Students will be selected according to the following criteria:
* Language skills
* Type of entrance qualification
* Academic records
* Work experience and professional qualifications
* Motivation and willingness
These requirements are the same for all applicants, regardless of sex, age, or nationality. However, there are differences between European (EU) and Non-European (NON-EU) candidates for the application process. Assessment criteria is exhaustively defined in the Consortium's internal regulations.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||81|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.