Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||August 31; January 25; Applicants who require a visa: August 3; January 11|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||February 2014, September 2014|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Choose Kingston's MBA
* We have a brand-new unique curriculum, integrating practitioner and academic teaching throughout the core subjects, with a strong focus on individual development and employment skills and a curriculum that addresses the key issues that challenge businesses of the future.
* We offer both a one-year full-time programme with mostly weekday classes and a two-year part-time executive programme with classes at weekends. There are two intakes each year for both programmes, in September and February.
* The Kingston MBA is a generalist MBA with options for specialisation. The programme has 10 core modules with a suite of electives which offer a chance to specialise. Students are required to choose four elective modules.
* The Kingston MBA is unique in that each of the core modules is led by both an academic and a practitioner which maintains academic rigour in teaching the latest theory while allowing you to put what you learn into practice, looking at real-life business issues.
* Careers and professional development is at the heart of our MBA. The careers support package is integrated into the programme for both full-time and executive participants. You will do a series of preparatory workshops and be introduced to specialist sector advisers. The MBA programme has a dedicated career coach who works with the students and you will have opportunities for one-to-one meetings with her.
* Our curriculum is led by values. We want our MBA graduates to be able to successfully tackle the issues that will affect businesses in the future, including best practice, business ethics and corporate social responsibility. These values are incorporated into all our modules.
* Our proximity to central London means you can be at the heart of one of the world's most important and vibrant cities within 25 minutes. It also ensures that our links with professional bodies and business and industry are strong.
* The Kingston MBA is the top-ranked MBA in Russia and our UK participants can choose to study some or all of their elective modules in Moscow.
* Our links with business and industry through our seminar and lecture series, our active MBA alumni and our international week of activities for all MBA participants offer you many opportunities for networking. The group study experience and work-based assignments help your personal development and leadership skills. This award is one of the few UK and international MBAs accredited by the Association of MBAs. Successful completion also confers eligibility for membership of the Chartered Management Institute.
* When joining Kingston you are given lifetime membership of the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Please note that this list is indicative. Option modules will only be run if enough students wish to study them and therefore not all of these will be run every year.
* The International Environment
* Strategic Information Systems Management
* Organisational Behaviour and Leadership Development
* Operations Management
* Financial Management
* The Responsible Manager
* Strategic Decision Making
* Strategic Choice and Implementation
* Leadership and Personal Development (runs throughout the core module part of the course)
* MBA Project
Option modules (choose four)
* Business Forecasting and Modelling
* Corporate Finance
* Entrepreneurial Ventures
* Global Business
* International Marketing
* Management Consultancy
* Management of Change
* Managing Corporate Social Responsibility
* Public Service Management
* Services Marketing
* Strategic Management of E-Business
* Strategic Operations Management
* Strategic Project Management
* Winning and Retaining Customers
Students enrolled at Kingston come from a wide variety of professional and educational backgrounds. They come from commercial organisations, from the public sector and from the not-for-profit or third sector. Their first degree might be in a technical, social, or arts based subject. They are also from a wide age range 24 to 54 representing a good cross-section of career points and pathways. While diverse across these dimensions, they share various common motivations and qualities:
* Interested and active in pursuing knowledge and self development MBA students have arrived at a point where they realise there is a lot they don't know, and they have decided to do something about it. They want to engage in a lively debate and to explore intellectual and practical issues with others like them, and with academic partners.
* Experience and maturity Kingston MBA students have a solid foundation of experience to build on, with average experience of five years (full-time programme) and over 10 years (Executive programme). This maturity means rich interaction, practice sharing, and debate among students. They recognise that fellow students are an essential part of their developmental process, and that they have a role in the development of others.
* Leading and shaping change Kingston students realise that change is a constant, and that through their careers, how they create, address and manage change will be critical. For some this will mean leading entrepreneurial developments; for others, reconfiguring resources and encouraging changing attitudes.
Specific MBA admissions criteria
We want your experience on the Kingston MBA to be challenging, enjoyable, and rewarding. Our criteria are defined to help ensure that you can successfully complete the MBA, and that each cohort of students has a strong ethos of team learning.
* Academic: First degree or recognised equivalent from a professional body. We also consider applications from individuals with considerable management experience but no first degree.
* Work experience: Minimum of three years' relevant managerial work experience for the full-time programme or five years' for the Executive programme.
* English proficiency: Very proficient written and spoken English.
* Motivation: The MBA is a big commitment. We need to know you have thought about the opportunity and the consequences of studying.
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
At least 3 year(s) of work experience are required.
Kingston Business School bursaries
* For Home/EU and international students:
* Eight MBA bursaries worth £4,000 each will be awarded to outstanding applicants.
Please visit the bursaries page for full application details.
Kingston University scholarships and bursaries
* For international students: * £3,300 scholarships for full-time international students.
* 10% discount on fees for Kingston alumni (alumni loyalty bursary).
* 10% discount on fees for family members of Kingston alumni (family loyalty bursary).
* For Home/EU students: * up to £3,000 Annual Fund scholarships.
To apply for any scholarship or bursary you must already be in possession of a firm offer on the programme and have paid your course fee deposit.
Other sources of funding (Home/EU students)
The following websites offer useful funding information:
* The Association of MBAs
* International Education Financial Aid
* MBA Funding
The Kingston MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the leading accreditation body in the UK and, increasingly, in Europe. It is one of only 37 of approximately 150 UK MBA courses to be accredited.
Accreditation provides an independent and international quality kite-mark. It assures that the Kingston MBA is delivered to an appropriate standard and is of continuing relevance to contemporary issues in management education.
Kingston Business School is the first business school globally to receive triple AMBA accreditation for its DBA, MBA and pre-experience Business Management MA.
Chartered Management Institute recognition
The Chartered Management Institute offers successful Kingston MBA graduates full professional membership of the Institute and the award of Member (MCMI). The high standard of our MBA graduates means that membership is awarded without the need to undergo the normal admission assessments.
Since the early 1990s, the Kingston MBA programme has enjoyed numerous partnerships internationally, including:
* Moscow, The Russian Federation in partnership with the Academy for National Economy;and
* Athens, Larissa and Thessaloniki, Greece in partnership with ICBS.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.