Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Using state-of-the-art molecular and genetic technology to enhance biological organisms and their products, biotechnology develops novel solutions to medical, environmental and agricultural issues. It is a rapidly developing field of research and industry, and is widely regarded as a major technology of the 21st century.
Biotechnology brings together skills from a wide range of disciplines, including biology, chemistry and computer science. These skills will provide many employment opportunities in the emerging global biotechnology industries.
What will you study?
This course is designed for students interested in pursuing a career in the biotechnology sector whether in the multi-national biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry or the smaller companies exploiting new innovations in the field. It will also prepare you to pursue a research career at a university or in industry.
If you are interested in such careers and have a good first degree in a biological science or biotechnology, with a strong emphasis on genetics and molecular biology, the course is ideal.
This course includes eight taught modules (two of which are option modules), plus a research project. Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
* Biotechnology (semester I)
* Molecular Medicine (semester I)
* Research and Enterprise in Biotechnology (semester I)
* Systems Biology and Bioinformatics (semester II)
* Medical Biotechnology (semester II)
* Environmental and Agricultural Biotechnology (semester II)
* Research Project (semester III)
Option modules (choose two)
* Separation Science I (semester I)
* Molecular and Atomic Spectroscopy (semester I)
* Tumour Biology (semester I)
* Clinical Trials and Pharmacovigilance (semester I)
* Separation Science II (semester II)
* Pharmaceutical Technology (semester II)
* Development, Manufacture and Regulation of Medicines (semester II)
* Molecular Oncology (semester II)
* A first or good second class BSc honours degree (or equivalent) in a biological science that contains a significant component of genetics and molecular biology; or
* Appropriate work experience.
* International students must have also have an IELTS score of band 6.5 or above (or an equivalent qualification).
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.