Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Applicants who require a visa: first week of August; Other: first week of September|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Our MA in English Literature is designed for students who have already studied the subject at undergraduate level and who wish to:
* deepen their knowledge of English literature;
* improve their powers of literary analysis; and
* strengthen their skills in academic research and writing through study and analysis of both literary and non-literary writing taken from a broad selection of historical periods and literary traditions.
What will you study?
This course offers a programme of modules which focus on issues relating to constructions of identity. It develops a broad range of theoretical approaches and practical skills for the analysis of literature, rather than a narrow focus on any single literary tradition or historical period.
All students will study conceptual approaches to literature and advanced research skills in core modules, as well as writing a 15,000-word dissertation on an area of English literature of your choosing under specialist supervision.
Areas of staff expertise include early modern literature, 18th century literature, Victorian literature, contemporary literature, life writing, literature and empire, suburban studies, gender studies and representations of Islam.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
* Advanced Postgraduate Study Skills
* English Literature Dissertation
* Critical and Cultural Theory: Identity and Representation
* Empire and its Aftermath
* Gender and Sexuality
* Life Writing
* Location and Literature
* Psyche, Subject, Sex
* Special Study: Adventures and Empires 1850-1925
* Special Study: Bruce Springsteen and Contemporary American Culture
* Special Study: Contemporary American Fiction
* Special Study: Iris Murdoch
* Special Study: Language and Emotion
* Special Study: Language and Media
* Special Study: Writing and Environment
Essays and other written coursework; presentations; 15,000-word dissertation.
* We normally expect applicants to have a second-class degree in English Literature or a related subject. We will consider non-standard entrants on an individual basis.
* International students need an IELTS-score of 6.5 or equivalent.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
Kingston University bursaries
Bursaries of up to £500 for Kingston University alumni (Home/EU only).
Annual Fund postgraduate scholarships
The Development Office offers a number of postgraduate scholarships for UK and EU students.
They are available for all courses (except teacher training/PGCE courses) and will pay 50% of the fees (up to £3,000 for the 2012/13 academic year) for a one-year, full-time or two-years, part-time masters programme.
The International Office is offers awards totalling £250,000 every year, with each scholarship worth £3,300. These are open to prospective full-time postgraduates in any subject area on a one-year taught masters degree.
You can apply for an international scholarship if you:
* are an international student (classified as 'overseas' for fee purposes);
* have an offer of a place on a course at Kingston for 2012/13 entry; and
* are not currently registered on a postgraduate course at Kingston University.
You might also be eligible for an international loyalty bursary if you are an overseas Kingston University alumnus or have a family connection with the University.
Bursaries are available from the School of Humanities for students working on the Kingston University Press (KUP), Ripple magazine or other related activities (find out more and apply after you have enrolled).
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.