Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||July 31 (EU); June 30 (Non EU)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Please note that late applications will be considered if the programme has not been filled in the first round offers, or by the first round waiting list who meet the selection criteria requirements. Offers will then be made to late applications only if places are still available on the programme and if candidates meet the selection criteria requirements.
Learning Outcomes (Environmental Analytical Chemistry)
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
* Identify, formulate, analyse and solve environmental analytical chemistry problems;
* Outline fundamental and applied aspects of environmental analytical chemistry;
* Design and carry out a method of environmental chemical analysis, including instrumental analysis;
* Prepare written laboratory reports that provide a description of the experiment, explain the experiment and reasoning clearly, and provide an appropriate conclusion;
* Communicate effectively with the chemistry and environmental science communities;
* Carry out research and method development in environmental analytical science;
* Prepare a written research report in the form of a dissertation.
The MSc Degree in Applied Science is awarded to successful candidates after passing written examinations across all taught modules, including the continuously assessed practical module CM6015, and the research project (from CM6016-8), which has to be written up in the form of a dissertation and approved by the external examiner.
Students take 90 credits as follows:
* CM6012 Modern Analytical Techniques, Chemical Data Analysis and GLP. (10 credits)
* CM6013 Separation Science, Sensors and Process Analytical Technology (10 credits)
* CM6014 Materials, Pharmaceutical and Bioanalysis (10 credits)
* CM6015 Practice of Analytical Chemistry (10 credits)
Plus 10 credits from the following areas of application:
* PF6301 Biopharmaceuticals; Formulation Design, Secondary Processing and Regulatory Compliance (10 credits) or
* EV4002 Environmental Monitoring (10 credits)
Plus ONE of the following Research Projects:
* CM6016 Research Project and Dissertation in Analytical Chemistry (40 credits)
* CM6017 Research Project and Dissertation in Environmental Analytical Chemistry (40 credits)
* CM6018 Research Project and Dissertation in Pharmaceutical Analysis (40 credits)
NOTE: The choice of Research Project informs the choice of MSc programme.
The normal prerequisite for admission to the course is a First or Second Class BSc Honours degree with significant chemistry content, but consideration can be given to equivalent qualifications in related areas of science and technology. Candidates with proven and relevant industrial experience can be considered for places following interview and assessment by the Professor of Analytical Chemistry.
English Language Requirements:
IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent
Part-Time Taught Postgraduate Programmes
Please note that non-EU applicants are not eligible to study part-time programmes
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.