Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||July 1( EU); June 30 (Non EU)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Please note that late applications will be considered if the programme has not been filled in the first round offers, or by the first round waiting list who meet the selection criteria requirements. Offers will then be made to late applications only if places are still available on the programme and if candidates meet the selection criteria requirements.
This programme was developed in response to increasing demands for highly skilled graduates in the field of mechanical engineering applied to the manufacturing and pharma-chem industries. The aim is to produce Mechanical Engineering postgraduates who are proficient in the development and realisation of modern manufacturing, process and automation systems.
This is achieved through developing an understanding of the concepts of manufacturing systems, and the skills to analyse, design and implement manufacturing systems in practice. This is combined with an understanding of process automation and operational management, The course will enable candidates to develop an up to date knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
Students take ten taught modules from the list below to the value of 50 credits and also undertake a preliminary research project worth 10 credits in part I. Candidates who obtain a minimum of 50% in both the coursework and the preliminary project are then eligible to undertake a major four-month research project worth 30 credits in Part II and submit a thesis leading to the award of the Masters degree.
* ME6001 Manufacturing Systems (5 credits)
* ME6002 CAD/CAM (5 credits)
* ME6003 Production Management (5 credits)
* ME6004 Operations Research and Project Economics (5 credits)
* ME6005 Design for Manufacture (5 credits)
* ME6006 Non-Destructive Testing (5 credits)
* ME6007 Mechanical Systems (5 credits)
* ME6008 Mechatronics and Robotics (5 credits)
* ME6009 Industrial Automation and Control (5 credits)
* ME6010 Technology of Materials (5 credits)
* PE6009 Pharmaceutical Engineering (5 credits)
* PE6002 Process Automation and Optimisation (5 credits)
* PE6007 Mechanical Design of Process Equipment (5 credits)
* PE6003 Process Validation and Quality (5 credits)
* CE4016 Energy Systems in Buildings (5 credits)
* CE3010 Energy in Buildings (5 credits)
* CE6024 Finite Element Analysis (5 credits)
* EE6000 Systems and Control (5 credits)
* EE6001 Control Design (5 credits)
* EE4012 Biomedical Design (5 credits)
In addition, all students must take:
* ME6019 Preliminary Research Report (10 credits)
* ME6020 Minor Research Thesis (30 credits)
Candidates must have achieved a Bachelor Degree (NQF Level 8 or equivalent) with a minimum grade 2H2 in a related engineering discipline that should have covered mechanical engineering fundamentals such as mechanics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and materials.
English Language Requirements:
IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL equivalent
Part-Time Taught Postgraduate Programmes
Please note that non-EU applicants are not eligible to study part-time programmes
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.