Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This two-year Master's programme provides students with the expertice required to use modern financial tools in the real estate market and to apply financial theories to real estate investment decisions. Students learn to understand how real estate investment objects differ from many other marketable resources in liquidity and transparency.
The main prerequisite for the programme is a bachelor's degree with emphasis on real estate studies such as real estate management, real estate development or land law or a bachelor's degree in another relevant field, such as economics, geography or engineering.
Until 2011-2012 the programme has been organised jointly by two universities: Aalto University and Swedish School of Economics (Hanken). Please, note that the last year of this cooperation is 2011-2012. From 2012-2013 on Aalto University will be in charge of the programme.
The Masters programme in Real Estate Investment and Finance is a two-year (120 ECTS) programme leading to a Master of Science degree. The programme courses are offered by Aalto University Department of Real Estate, Planning and Geoinformatics.
The programme strives to provide a Masters degree of international standard and quality that gives the students the required knowledge to work in the fields of real estate and financial intermediation. The field of real estate investment offers an interesting and challenging area for the application of modern financial tools. For example, real-estate investment decisions typically include different forms of real options that need to be evaluated. Real estate finance deals with how advances in modern finance theory can be applied to this area where the targets for investment are very heterogeneous and differ in terms of liquidity and transparency from many other marketable resources.
Please, note that REIF programme cooperation between Aalto University and Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration (Hanken) has been concluded. Aalto University offers subsititutive courses for Hanken courses
Successful applicants should hold a Bachelors degree from a university fulfilling the following requirements:
* The university must be an official and recognized part of the national education system.
* The university has to be found on an official list or in an international handbook that is completed by some international organization (e.g. UNESCO)
Applicants should hold either:
* a Bachelor's degree from a Finnish university or a university of applied sciences (AMK)
* a Bachelor's degree from a foreign university
* or have 3/5 of a (five-year) Master's degree completed
Students in their final year of the Bachelor's degree are eligible to apply, provided they complete their Bachelor's degree by 31 July 2012.
The eligibility of the applicant is determined by the Admission Services. The degree must be in the same or relevant field; the programme applied for will make the final decision on the suitability of the previous degree. Admissions are organized once a year and applications are accepted only during the application period.
Please also note the following:
* There are separate application procedures and also separate application deadlines for the Erasmus Mundus and Nordic Master programmes. For further information on the Erasmus Mundus programmes, please see the programmes own websites.
* Applicants who fulfil the requirements are not guaranteed to be admitted, because admission to the programmes is limited. Only the best applicants are admitted and the programmes do not have a minimum quota.
* Admitted students may be required to take complementary studies.
* The Degree Programme of Engineering Physics and Mathematics and the Master's Programme in Physics of Advanced Materials do not admit students with a degree from a university of applied sciences (Finnish AMK or equivalent)
Successful applicants must have an excellent command of Finnish, Swedish or English. Please note that some degree programmes may require knowledge of Finnish.
All guest students and international students applying for master's or doctoral studies offered in English must demonstrate their proficiency in English. Applicants are required to attach an official language test report to their application.
The tests suitable for this purpose are listed below with their minimum scores*:
Total score: 92 (IBT), 580 (PBT)
Writing score: 22 (IBT), 4.0 (PBT)
Overall Band Score: 6.5 Writing Band Score: 5.5
Grades accepted: A, B, C
* The minimum requirements are very strict. If your score does not fulfill the minimum requirements, you are not eligible to apply and your application cannot be processed.
** IBT = Internet Based Test, PBT = Paper Based Test
*** Academic IELTS only
**** CAE = Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English, CPE = Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||580|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
Scholarships are available for non-EU/EEA nationals in all of the programmes with the tuition fees. There will not be any scholarship options for programmes with no tuition fees.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.