Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
To provide excellent training in handling and analysis of geographic information. The teaching of these technical skills is complemented by a thorough grounding in the academic theory of GI. Understanding GI systems (the software tools) and GI science (the technical discipline) is essential for effective management and analysis of spatial data.
Duration and mode of study
One year full-time or two years part-time.
Teaching and assessment methods
Teaching is by a variety of methods including lectures, seminars, self-paced learning and practicals. Assessment of taught modules is by coursework and examination. Coursework is by a mixture of computer based practicals, essays and small group projects. The dissertation is assessed separately and accounts for one third of the total credits required for the MSc.
* Introduction to GIS
* Programming for Spatial Scientists
* Spatial Information Science
* Geographical Visualisation
* Earth Observation and Remote Sensing
* Research Design Methods
* Research Dissertation
Students are normally required to have a second-class honours degree in any subject. Students who do not possess the normal qualifications but who have relevant industrial or academic experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English, and who have not lived in a country where the first language is English for at least three years immediately before the start of their course, need to satisfy the University´s English language requirement.
* From students who take IELTS (the British Council´s International English Language Testing System), we look for an overall score of 6.0 or above for courses in Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Geology, Mathematics and Physics and Astronomy, and 6.5 or above for all other courses.
* From students who take TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), we look for 575/233/90* or above for courses in Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, Geology, Mathematics and Physics and Astronomy, and 600/250/100* for all other courses. (*Scores for paper-based/computer-based/internet-based versions of TOEFL)
As well as the internationally-known IELTS and TOEFL tests, the University also accepts many other English language qualifications.
The English Language Programme for International Students
If you do not yet meet our English requirements we can help you to improve your English to the necessary standard. The University´s English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) offers a range of courses to help campus-based students with the English you need for your studies.
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.