|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
As a Global Environmental Change student you will develop a broad understanding of the causes and impacts of environmental and climate change and awareness of a range of mitigation and adaptation options. You will develop in-depth expertise in the area of your MSc thesis. Specialists in this area are increasingly sought by the private sector, international non-governmental organisations, the UN and government departments. The MSc can also be an ideal basis for pursuing a research career through a PhD.
Duration and mode of study
One year full-time or two years part-time.
Teaching and assessment methods
Teaching is by a variety of methods including lectures, seminars, self-paced learning, directed reading and practicals. Assessment of taught modules is by a mix of coursework and examination. The MSc thesis is assessed separately.
* Research Design and methods in Geography
* Global Climate and Environmental Change
* Methods and Modelling in Palaeoclimatology
* Introduction to GIS
* Programming for Spatial Scientists
* Earth Observation and Remote Sensing
* Biodiversity Conservation and Global Change: Tropical East Africa
* Environmental Economics
* Theories, Concepts and Applications of Sustainable Development
* Sustainable Management of Biological Resources: Ecosystem and Biodiversity Conservation
* Living with Environmental Change
* Ecological and Environmental Assessment