Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Attend our Master Class programme or our Evening Hot Topic seminars, during which you will be encouraged to exchange ideas and discuss latest business thinking
* Participate in live web-based chat forums to discuss your work with lecturers and other students
* Make an effective contribution to your workplace, as well as improve your career prospects
* Attend UK, European and international residentials and learn from overseas lectures and company visits
What opportunities might it lead to?
The accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) provides an independent and internationally recognised certification of quality and assures that our MBA programme is of continuing relevance to contemporary issues in management education.
We offer MBA students and graduates free extended AMBA membership providing you with access to over 5,000 AMBA members, MBA-specific careers information and networking opportunities.
With an integrated approach to learning, this course explores the managerial competencies required to lead and facilitate strategic change and to understand contemporary organisational challenges. You will be in a position to apply your learning directly to your workplace and experience the immediate benefits of this course. The Executive MBA programme is taught over two years (usually Fridays and Saturdays) and includes an induction week, residentials in the UK, in Europe and one international residential (optional) which involve industrial visits and plant tours. A further six months allows you time to complete your research project.
In addition you will be required to attend eight Master Class sessions from a selection of over 20 specialist subjects. The final aspect of the programme centres on the MBA research project, during which you will be allocated a personal tutor to guide you through the requirements of the dissertation.
The first part of the MBA programme is designed to build a foundation of knowledge and skills in business and management.
You will study the following units:
* Developing Organisational Capabilities: This unit explores finance, marketing, operations, innovation, law and corporate social responsibility and how they influence and improve the overall management of an organisation.
* Leadership and Team-Building Residential: This involves teams competing in a Business Project, along with other activities to explore the realities of building and leading multi-cultural teams.
* Sustaining Organisational Value: This unit focuses on the further development of finance, operations, quantitative approaches adding decision analysis, information systems, digital marketing and sales management as well as specialised areas of marketing that develop the organisation into its future environment.
During the second year you will develop strategic insights and capabilities on a corporate international business level, based on the knowledge you have previously acquired.
You will study the following units:
* Strategic Management and Master Classes: This addresses key issues that shape organisations, their orientation, transformation and change in complex and uncertain business environments. Behavioural and economic concepts of organisations and their business contexts are also explored.
* Strategic Leadership, Culture and Change: The aim of this unit is to develop your analytical and decision-making skills in complex strategic situations.
* Consultancy and Research Methods: This unit encourages you to think critically about the nature and value of management research as well as preparing you for the role of a consultant in an organisational setting.
The final part of the course concentrates on research into an appropriate strategic management topic. You will be given guidance in research methods, before you carry out the necessary independent research, which will be under the supervision of a specialist member of the academic staff. We encourage you to undertake your research project within your current organisation as it highlights the relevance and practical application of your studies.
Teaching and Assessment
Our friendly and supportive environment uses formal lectures and seminars alongside activity-based case studies. We aim to promote your career prospects by putting you into simulated situations where you apply your learning to analyse complex problems, explore the uncertainties involved, evaluate possible solutions and plan their implementation. These exercises are based on relevant case studies, including several requiring application to your own organisation, to enable you to develop your diagnostic, decision-making and management skills.
How are you assessed?
We vary the assessment method according to the topic content and aim to draw on current management practices. As a result, there is a focus on group work and presentations as well as work-related assignments, exams, reports and a dissertation. Clearly laid out assessments, supported by guidance and instruction will assist you in fulfilling these programme requirements.
Association of MBAs