Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Design and develop software, 3D content, and programs for a project of your choice
* Use our cutting-edge, industry-standard software, game engines and console development kits in the building of your project
* Have the opportunity to engage in real-world, client-based research
This course is ideal if you are a professional animator or someone with a sufficient computing background wishing to develop specialist skills that would enable you to enter a wide range of professional fields in computer animation industries.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* animation design
* 2D and 3D graphics
* motion capture
* virtual reality
* project planning
On this course we emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building creative and technical visual computing expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research a unique aspect of the use of computation in the composition, generation or design of software for animation.
Here are the units you will study:
* Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
* Project Context and Definition: A unit of self-directed study that will help you specify your projects scope and plan.
* Project Design and Development: This unit is a self-directed study covering a critical review of existing work.
* Project Evaluation and Resolution: This unit covers the development and evaluation of your project artefact, using Max/Msp/Jitter or similar.
An upper second-class honours degree in computing or an art-based subject with a significant computing component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. A project proposal and portfolio should be submitted with an application.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 or equivalent with no component less than 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.