Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Design and develop software, 3D content, and programs for a project of your choice
* Use our cutting-edge, industry-standard software, game engines and console development kits in the building of your project
* Have the opportunity to engage in real-world, client-based research
This course is ideal if you are a professional animator or someone with a sufficient computing background wishing to develop specialist skills that would enable you to enter a wide range of professional fields in computer animation industries.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* animation design
* 2D and 3D graphics
* motion capture
* virtual reality
* project planning
On this course we emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building creative and technical visual computing expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research a unique aspect of the use of computation in the composition, generation or design of software for animation.
Here are the units you will study:
* Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
* Project Context and Definition: A unit of self-directed study that will help you specify your projects scope and plan.
* Project Design and Development: This unit is a self-directed study covering a critical review of existing work.
* Project Evaluation and Resolution: This unit covers the development and evaluation of your project artefact, using Max/Msp/Jitter or similar.
An upper second-class honours degree in Computing or an art-based subject with a significant computing component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. Applicants may be requested to provide a portfolio to support their application.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 or equivalent with no component less than 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!