Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Design and develop software, 3D graphics, and programs for a project of your choice
* Use our cutting-edge, industry-standard software, game engines and console development kits in the building of your project
* Have the opportunity to engage in real-world, client-based research
The advanced knowledge and focused research skills you will gain on this course will be beneficial and applicable in a range of technology-related careers. Specifically, youll be fully equipped to find employment within the computer games industry or other areas where computer games technology is making an impact.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* computer game development
* multimedia production
* graphics and video editing
* digital video film-making
On this course we emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building creative and technical computing expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research and design software in order to develop your own computer games artefact.
Here are the units you will study:
* Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
* Project Context and Definition: A unit of self-directed study that will help you specify your projects scope and plan.
* Project Design and Development: This unit is a self-directed study covering a critical review of existing work.
* Project Evaluation and Resolution: This unit covers the development and evaluation of your project artefact
An upper second-class honours degree in Computing or an art-based subject with a significant computing component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. Applicants may be requested to provide a portfolio to support their application.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 or equivalent with no component less than 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.