Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Design and develop software, hardware, networks for a project of your choice
* Use our fully equipped sound/music studios and multimedia labs providing access to our high-spec computing facilities
* Have the opportunity to engage in real-world, client-based research
This course is ideal if you have a computing background and wish to develop specific skills that would enable you to enter a wide range of professional fields as an audio specialist.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* sound design
* sound editing
* multimedia application
* computer programming
* web development
On this course we aim to emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building music and sound technological expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research a unique aspect of the use of computation in the composition, generation or design of software for music.
Here are the units you will study:
* Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
* Project Context and Definition: A unit of self-directed study that will help you specify your projects scope and plan.
* Project Design and Development: This unit is a self-directed study covering a critical review of existing work.
* Project Evaluation and Resolution: This unit covers the development and evaluation of your project artefact, using Max/Msp/Jitter or similar.