Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Design and develop software, hardware, networks for a project of your choice
* Use our fully equipped sound/music studios and multimedia labs providing access to our high-spec computing facilities
* Have the opportunity to engage in real-world, client-based research
This course is ideal if you have a computing background and wish to develop specific skills that would enable you to enter a wide range of professional fields as an audio specialist.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* sound design
* sound editing
* multimedia application
* computer programming
* web development
On this course we aim to emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building music and sound technological expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research a unique aspect of the use of computation in the composition, generation or design of software for music.
Here are the units you will study:
* Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
* Project Context and Definition: A unit of self-directed study that will help you specify your projects scope and plan.
* Project Design and Development: This unit is a self-directed study covering a critical review of existing work.
* Project Evaluation and Resolution: This unit covers the development and evaluation of your project artefact, using Max/Msp/Jitter or similar.
A good honours degree in a relevant subject including music, music technology, audio, creative computing, multimedia, computing or physics, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. A project proposal and portfolio should be submitted with an application.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 or equivalent with no component less than 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.