Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Enhance your employability by extending your area of expertise beyond that of your first degree
* Boost your career within your existing area of employment by becoming a specialist in this crucial field
* Deepen your knowledge of European affairs in the area of law and policy
* Make yourself stand out in an increasingly competitive job market by acquiring skills which show an ability to research independently and study a contemporary topic at an advanced level
Former students of the MA European Law and Policy programme have already been working in or gone on to work in:
* local and regional government
* foreign embassies
* legal posts
* business and a wide range of other positions in the public and private sector
Our course is not a professional law qualification, but is aimed at helping you to acquire a knowledge of EU law, institutions and policy-making processes because of the career you wish to pursue or are pursuing. Since most students come without a background in law, an initial crash course (an intensive two-day programme) introduces the general principles of law that you will need.
You will take the following core units:-
* Challenges to EU Politics and Governance
* International Law, Human Rights and Corporate Responsibility
* International and European Business Law
* Dissertation/Major Project
You will also choose 1 out of the following:-
* Nation and Identity in Europe
* Europe and the World
* Negotiation and Lobbying in the EU: A simulation game
* Independent Project
* Work-based Learning
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching is conducted through a combination of lectures and seminars. In addition, you will have access to staff on an individual tutorial basis and will also be assigned a dissertation supervisor to support you in the research and writing of your dissertation.
Classes are timetabled in the afternoons and evenings. Depending on their option choices part-time students are usually able to structure their course so as to concentrate their studies on one and no more than two afternoons/evenings.
A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject including law, social sciences, European studies, international relations, or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field, such as politics, local government, business and law.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 or equivalent with no component less than 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.