Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
About the courseThe medieval past captures our imagination. Castles, abbeys and churches are some of the most visited heritage sites in Britain. TV and movies about the more bloodthirsty aspects of the
period are always popular.
Our optional work placement module gives you the chance to share your enthusiasm for the subject, working on a project with one of our partners in the arts, culture and heritage sectors. Through the Presenting the Past module, you get to work on an exhibition or a website.
We'll give you training in research skills. Supervised by an academic, you'll research and write a dissertation on an aspect of medieval history.
* Research presentation
* Approaching the Middle Ages
* The Transformation of the Roman World
* Crime and Punishment in Late Antiquity
* The Dawn of Modernity in the Late Middle Ages
* Rome in Late Antiquity (300600)
* Order and Disorder Around the Year 1000
* Research Skills for Historians
* PhD proposal
* The Historical Novel
* Presenting the Past: making history public
* Work Placement
* Individual tutorials
* Bibliographical and source-based exercises
* Written papers
* Oral presentation
* Dissertation (15,000 words)
* There are no unseen examinations
Entry Requirements * A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in history or other humanities or social science discipline from a UK or overseas university.
* You may be asked to supply examples of previous written work.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.