Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The International Management program addresses the managerial issues companies must face when expanding abroad. Graduates from this program are highly attractive to international firms because they bring an ability to apply their technical and social skills to cross-border business issues, and because they access a network of contacts through the professors and business leaders involved in the program. They can cover management positions at Italian companies operating in other countries, or handle functional and industry-specific duties for large international corporations. Double Degrees with foreign universities, along with attractive exchange programs and company internships, ensure that participants gather firsthand international experience.
International Management students may apply to the prestigious CEMS-MIM program (Master in International Management - MIM, offered by CEMS - Global Allicance in Management Education).
The Master of Science in International Management is a two-year full-time graduate program, entirely taught in English.
The educational objective of the Master of Science in International Management is to develop the managerial capabilities necessary to manage companies operating internationally. In addition to managerial knowledge, the program provides students with both cognizance and advanced competences in international economics, economics history and quantitative methods as well as more specialized knowledge in order to operate in several sectors (e.g. management consulting, fashion and design, ) or business positions (e.g. marketing, finance, international commercial law, management control, etc.).
Finally the objective of the Master of Science in International Management is to develop:
- Technical skills facilitating both problem solving and strategic decision-making skills; these are concrete technical techniques, essential in putting to use real business strategies.
- Interpersonal skills interpersonal and leadership skills important in every field of culture.
- Research skills the course provides broad, in-depth knowledge of international markets developing the ability to carry out detailed, professional market research.
The program provides the skills to handle international activities such as preparing market access strategies by identifying the competition, laws, partners, client groups, etc.
The modular program structure allows students to become skilled at the business practice of a general manager but at the same time develop specialized knowledge about an industry segment (e.g. fashion and design, management consulting) or functional areas (e.g. international marketing, international finance) of their choice.
Students personalize their study plans by either by choosing elective courses from a list focused on specific MSc fields or by selecting their own desired courses and opting for the free track.
* International economics and business dynamics, Module 1 (Applied international economics)
* Selected Topics in Marketing
* Quantitative methods for management
* Performance measurement
* Seminar on collaborative competences 2
* International Comparative Business Law
* International economics and business dynamics, Module 2 (Evolution in international business)
* International Finance
* Corporate strategy
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
* Global operations and supply chain management
* 3 elective courses (free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
The program is geared for Italian and foreign students who have previously studied management. The ideal candidate will have an excellent academic curriculum, international experience acquired through international study programs, an entrepreneurial spirit and good relationship skills.
Every year Bocconi University establishes the maximum number of students that can be admitted to each degree, in order to guarantee the best possible conditions and the best opportunity for successfully completing the degrees and to offer them assistance in entering the professional work environment.
Different categories of applicants have different admissions procedures. In detail you can distinguish from:
* Bocconi applicants and procedures (Italian version)
* Italian applicants and procedures
* International applicants and procedures
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||600|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||250|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.