|Application deadline:||October 2015|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The International Management program addresses management issues faced by multinational companies in creating and exploiting their global presence. Our students will learn the management concepts and tools required to operate in the global environment. Thanks to the social skills acquired through extensive study and working in multicultural teams, graduates from this program are highly attractive to international firms, both Italian companies operating in other countries and large multinational corporations.
The program does not offer suggested majors, but students can define their specialization by integrating study abroad programs and international internships. Moreover, they can apply for special programs such as CEMS MIM and China MIM.
The Master of Science in International Management has the following educational objectives:
* provide advanced preparation in the main business areas focusing on the international context: business management, marketing, corporate finance, labor management, operations and supply chain;
* develop a complete overview of the problems linked to the operative, strategic management of companies operating on a global scale, keeping in mind the peculiarities of an international and often multicultural context;
* complete your preparation in the business field providing competences in subjects as economics, quantitative and juridical, so as to develop problem analysis skills in interdisciplinary areas;
* develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as analysis of complex problems, problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of ones work;
* promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and of a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in ones profession.
Students graduating from this Master of Science typically pursue careers with an international outlook at:
* Large multinational firms, in a variety of departments and in different roles that require knowledge about cross-border management and international functional strategies such as global sourcing, international marketing and finance
* Consulting firms, in particular for tasks involved in cross-border consulting projects
* Small and medium enterprises (SMEs), as business development managers, export managers or expatriate managers to contribute to the expansion of the SME in foreign markets
* Companies operating in symbol-intensive markets, reflecting the unique abilities Italian firms are known for on a global scale
* Research centers and educational institutions making a significant contribution, due to the systemic and interfunctional knowledge of how firms operate
* Government agencies
The modular program structure allows students to become skilled at the business practice of a general manager but at the same time develop specialized knowledge about an industry segment (e.g. fashion and design, management consulting) or functional areas (e.g. international marketing, international finance) of their choice.
Students personalize their study plans by selecting their own desired courses (free track).
Students choose a foreign language based on the graduate program instruction language and on their native language (which cannot be chosen as a foreign language). In classes taught in English, in order to get the language credits required for the degree, international students must study Italian plus another European language to be chosen from among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or also English. Native Italian speakers must study two other European languages.
* International economics and business dynamics, Module 1 (Applied international economics)
* International finance
* Principles of business analytics
* Performance measurement
* Seminar on collaborative competences
Semester II * International Comparative Business Law
* International economics and business dynamics, Module 2 (Evolution in international business)
* Marketing techniques for product development
* Corporate strategy
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
* Global operations and supply chain management
* 3 elective courses (free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
Total credit points: 120
The Bocconi Graduate School offers pre-experience Master of Science programs, for students coming directly from previous studies (Bachelor degree) or also with some brief work experience.
These programs are built around a teaching model based on the presence and active participation of students, interactive teaching methods and organized group work. The environment is one where relations with fellow students, professors and other figures involved represent an important added value in completing the course work.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!