|Application deadline:||October 2015|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Marketing has become a major driver of both performance within organizations and organizational decisions. The program allows students to develop a wide range of professional know-how in the area of marketing management, thanks to a unique combination of course contents. In fact, it integrates an advanced preparation in essential marketing tools and fields such as quantitative methods, legal issues and digital marketing strategies with highly innovative approaches and competencies from different academic fields such as neuroscience or anthropological studies and their impact on marketing-related fields such as consumer behavior.
This Master of Science prepares graduates to succeed in a rapidly changing globalized business world, giving them the necessary knowledge and skills that enable them not only to react but to proactively shape the marketing of the future.
The Master of Science in Marketing Management has the following educational objectives:
* provide advanced studies in marketing in the operative as well as strategic areas, with reference to the national and international context;
* develop a complete comprehension of the different marketing techniques with reference to business-to-business and business-to-consumer, including different cultural contexts;
* complete your preparation in the business field providing competences in subjects as economics, quantitative and juridical, so as to develop problem analysis skills in interdisciplinary areas;
* develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as problem analysis and problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of ones work;
* promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and of a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in ones profession.
Job opportunities for graduates in the MSc in Marketing Management include:
* Business-to-business and business-to-consumer roles in all industries
* Key areas in marketing, e.g. market analysis, strategic marketing planning, marketing implementation, and monitoring
* Opportunities in the international arena, thanks to the international awareness about the strength of the Bocconi
brand and its network of relations with companies, public sector institutions and non-profit organizations
* Openings in manufacturing, service, retailing and consultancy companies, as well as with market-research and communication agencies
* A wide variety of starting positions and roles, such as product and brand manager, advertising strategist, market
analyst, media planner, key-account and customer relationship manager, trade and retail manager, sales manager, category manager, PR and event manager, etc.
In the first year of the Master of Science in Marketing Management, students study the conceptual and operative tools needed to understand the environment and behavior of markets from the demand side and the supply side (competitive contexts, behavior of consumer and industrial purchasers, distribution systems analysis) and the salient aspects of marketing management (strategic outlook, product management, innovation development and corporate communication).
Students then specialize in one of the areas focused on professional expertise and future career openings by choosing one of the majors proposed by Bocconi or by devising a set of courses to be chosen from among the ones available within the program.
The majors offered in the Master of Science in Marketing Management are:
* Business Communication and Social Media;
* Distribuition Networks and Retailing in the Digital Era;
* Product and Service Management.
Students choose a foreign language based on the graduate program instruction language and on their native language (which cannot be chosen as a foreign language). In classes taught in English, in order to get the language credits required for the degree, international students must study Italian plus another European language to be chosen from among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or also English. Native Italian speakers must study two other European languages.
Please note that the course requirements may be subject to change for the 2012-2013 a.y.
* Strategic marketing and marketing plan, Module 1
* Channel marketing (Trade evolution analysis and planning)
* Industry analysis (Industrial economics and economics of innovation)
* Understanding consumer (Consumer behavior and CCT), Module 1
* Understanding consumer (Consumer behavior and CCT), Module 2
* Market research
* Strategic marketing and marketing plan, Module 2
* Product innovation and market creation
* Brand management
* Legal issues in marketing
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
* 4 elective courses (major or free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
Total credit points - 120
The Bocconi Graduate School offers pre-experience Master of Science programs, for students coming directly from previous studies (Bachelor degree) or also with some brief work experience.
These programs are built around a teaching model based on the presence and active participation of students, interactive teaching methods and organized group work. The environment is one where relations with fellow students, professors and other figures involved represent an important added value in completing the course work.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!