Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master of Science in Marketing Management allows students to develop a global approach to marketing. Employing a multi-disciplinary teaching model, it provides strategic planning, operational and decisional tools in business-to-business and business-to-consumer contexts, along with a solid foundation in qualitative and quantitative market research. Students from many countries work together within an innovative teaching model designed to respond to partner companies' real needs and necessities.
Courses, held by faculty of international standing, allow students to develop their abilities in terms of professional skills and interpersonal relations. Participants will be challenged from the outset to apply theoretical knowledge to real-life business situations that differ from place to place according to differences in the social and anthropological context at hand. In addition, there are particularly interesting opportunities to gain international experience through Double Degree initiatives arranged specifically for the Marketing Management program.
* Multidisciplinary theoretic knowledge: the Marketing Management program allows students to acquire the contents and theories from various fields from economics to management (including marketing, strategy and accounting) statistics, sociology, law, technology and logistics.
* Competences and operative skills in marketing: by analyzing the challenges and problems that Marketing Managers must deal with, the MSc in Marketing Management gears its studies to specific issues and techniques helping students to achieve a highly specialized approach to problem solving. The portfolio of models and techniques offered cover the key areas of this discipline: qualitative and quantitative market research, product and brand management, management of communication, services marketing, development of new products, distribution management, sales and pricing management and customer relations management.
* Soft skills: skills that may only be learned successfully through training or hands-on learning. These skills are intellectual in nature (analysis skills, the ability to judge without prejudice, capability of drafting presentations both orally and in written form, on the spot decision-making abilities) and managerial (e.g. group work, being a leader, interpersonal relations skills, managing a project).
In the first year of the Master of Science in Marketing Management, students study the conceptual and operative tools needed to understand the environment and behavior of markets from the demand side and the supply side (competitive contexts, behavior of consumer and industrial purchasers, distribution systems analysis) and the salient aspects of marketing management (strategic outlook, product management, innovation development and corporate communication).
Students then specialize in one of the areas focused on professional expertise and future career openings, by choosing one of the majors proposed by Bocconi or by devising a set of courses to be chosen from among the ones available within the program.
* Strategic marketing and marketing plan, Module 1
* Channel marketing (Trade evolution analysis and planning)
* Market research
* Industry analysis (Industrial economics and economics of innovation)
* Understanding the consumer (Consumer behavior and CCT), Module 1
* Strategic marketing and marketing plan, Module 2
* Understanding the consumer (Consumer behavior and CCT), Module 2
* Product innovation and market creation
* Brand management
* Legal issues of marketing
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
* 4 elective courses (major or free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
The Master of Science in Marketing Management is geared to highly motivated students looking for a challenge, ready to start an intensive period of studies before starting a professional career in business.In order to get the most out of this experience, students should have a good basic knowledge in management and economics, and advanced language skills.
Every year Bocconi University establishes the maximum number of students that can be admitted to each degree, in order to guarantee the best possible conditions and the best opportunity for successfully completing the degrees and to offer them assistance in entering the professional work environment.
Different categories of applicants have different admissions procedures. In detail you can distinguish from:
* Bocconi applicants and procedures
* Italian applicants and procedures
* International applicants and procedures
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.