Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||11th January 2013 (1st Session)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Finance program aims to develop the knowledge and skills required for entering the "big world of finance" and to be a successful first-class specialist or consultant. The program offers challenging courses in all the key areas of finance, from investment banking, corporate finance and advisory to quantitative finance, risk management, derivatives and capital markets. This foundation enables second year students to choose from among a large number of specialized, technical elective courses to complete a major in their desired field. This selective program has a great reputation among professionals in major investment banks, who regularly come to Bocconi for presentations, recruiting events and lectures in class; it was also one of the first five graduate programs worldwide to be recognized as a CFA Program Partner by the CFA Institute, the world's most important association of investment professionals. Moreover, students have the opportunity to attend international exchange programs abroad (see Double Degree), interact with professionals and live with other high-profile colleagues who will represent their first network in the future.
The Master of Science in Finance is a two-year full-time graduate program; students can choose the Italian version of the program or the English one.
The Master of Science in Finance aims to develop advanced interdisciplinary competences and skills needed to work in the complex world of company finance, markets and financial institutions. The program provides students with:
* the key competences in the areas of company finance, quantitative finance, management of the financial institutions and investment banking;
* an optimal balance between theory and practical application in companies operating in the finance sector; the program integrates a solid theory base and clear understanding of the discipline.
Completion of the program allows the development of operative, intellectual and managerial skills, in order to manage complex topics in institutions and International financial markets.
Its curriculum is designed in order to provide an optimal balance between theory and its practical application in the industry.
In the first year, the Master of Science in Finance offers key skills in all the major areas of finance, from accounting, corporate finance and investment banking to investments, quantitative finance, risk management and derivatives.
This exposure to all key areas of finance, rather than just a subset of them, is crucial to enable students to become competent and flexible professionals, able to interact with colleagues from different divisions and backgrounds in their future careers.
The second year offers the choice of a wide number of specialized elective courses that can be chosen in accordance with desired career paths and personal interests, going further in depth in fields such as investment banking, quantitative finance, asset management and insurance, management and consulting for financial institutions.
The majors offered in the Master of Science in Finance are:
* Financial and insurance institutions management;
* Investment banking;
* Quantitative finance.
* Financial Reporting and Analysis
* Corporate finance (Business Valuation)
* Quantitative finance and derivatives, Module 1
* Financial econometrics and empirical finance, Module 1
* Theory of Finance
* Quantitative finance and derivatives, Module 2
* Financial Institutions and Markets Law
* Financial econometrics and empirical finance, Module 2
* Risk management and value in banking and insurance
* Investment banking
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
* 4 elective courses (major or free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
The Master of Science in Finance is geared to students with a background in finance, economics and business economics, whose aim is an in-depth study of financial subjects.Students with a basis in economics and finance and a solid base in mathematics (e.g. students who have a Bachelor degree in physics or engineering) will be the ideal candidate for the Master of Science in Finance.
Every year Bocconi University establishes the maximum number of students that can be admitted to each degree, in order to guarantee the best possible conditions and the best opportunity for successfully completing the degrees and to offer them assistance in entering the professional work environment.
Different categories of applicants have different admissions procedures. In detail you can distinguish from:
* Bocconi applicants and procedures (Italian version)
* Italian applicants and procedures
* International applicants and procedures
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.