Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Finance program aims to develop the knowledge and skills required to enter the big world of finance and to become a successful first-class specialist or consultant. The program offers challenging courses in all the key areas of finance, from investment banking, corporate finance and advisory to quantitative finance, risk management, derivatives and asset pricing.
These foundations enable second-year students to choose from among a large number of specialized, technical elective courses to complete a major in their desired field. This selective program has a great reputation among professionals in major investment banks, who regularly come to Bocconi for presentations, recruiting events and guest lectures; it was also one of the first five graduate programs worldwide to be recognized as a CFA Program Partner by the CFA Institute, the worlds most important association of investment professionals.
The Master of Science in Finance has the following educational objectives:
* provide advanced preparation in the main business areas: corporate finance, quantitative finance, management of financial institutions and investment banking necessary to work in the international context of corporate finance and financial markets and institutions;
* develop the skills to combine company assessment and fundamental analysis with quantitative competences, and to operate both as an expert, as well as in the areas of investment banking and capital markets of the major financial intermediaries;
* complete the business studies providing competences in economics and law, so as to develop problem analysis skills in interdisciplinary areas;
* develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as complex problem analysis, problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of ones work;
* promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and of a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in ones profession
The main career opportunities are the following:
* Manager at banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions
* Corporate finance/investment banking analyst in investment banks or other financial institutions
* Equity and debt analyst/financial analyst and economist
* Trader/sales/structures in equities, fixed income, currencies, derivatives
* Asset manager
* Private banker/sales to institutional clients
* Risk manager
* Consultant in either corporate finance advisory or financial institutionsdivisions of large consulting companies
* Consultant and analyst at authorities and regulators of the financial system
Its curriculum is designed in order to provide an optimal balance between theory and its practical application in the industry. In the first year, the Master of Science in Finance offers key skills in all the major areas of finance, from accounting, corporate finance and investment banking to investments, quantitative finance, risk management and derivatives.
This exposure to all key areas of finance, rather than just a subset of them, is crucial to enable students to become competent and flexible professionals, able to interact with colleagues from different divisions and backgrounds in their future careers.
The second year offers the choice of a wide number of specialized elective courses that can be chosen in accordance with desired career paths and personal interests, going further in depth in fields such as investment banking, quantitative finance, asset management and insurance, management and consulting for financial institutions.
The majors offered in the Master of Science in Finance are:
* Financial Institution Management;
* Investment banking;
* Quantitative finance;
Students choose a foreign language based on the graduate program instruction language and on their native language (which cannot be chosen as a foreign language). In classes taught in English, in order to get the language credits required for the degree, international students must study Italian plus another European language to be chosen from among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or also English.
Native Italian speakers must study two other European languages.
Please note that the course requirements may be subject to change.
Program StructureFirst year
* Financial Reporting and Analysis
* Corporate finance (Business Valuation)
* Quantitative finance and derivatives, Module 1
* Financial econometrics and empirical finance, Module 1
* Theory of Finance
* Quantitative finance and derivatives, Module 2
* Financial Institutions and markets law
* Financial econometrics and empirical finance, Module 2
* Risk management and value in banking and insurance
* Investment banking
* First foreign language (lessons only)
* Second foreign language (lessons only)
Second year * 4 elective courses (major or free track)
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
Total credit points - 120
The Bocconi Graduate School offers pre-experience Master of Science programs, for students coming directly from previous studies (Bachelor degree) or also with some brief work experience.
These programs are built around a teaching model based on the presence and active participation of students, interactive teaching methods and organized group work. The environment is one where relations with fellow students, professors and other figures involved represent an important added value in completing the course work.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!