Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master of Science in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment is two-year full-time graduate program entirely taught in English.
The program aims to analyze all aspects of the economics, law, management, organization and technologies associated with the arts, culture, media and entertainment industry. Students are provided with the knowledge and skills needed to coordinate complex projects at the national and international level.
In the first part of the Master of Science in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment, students develop skills regarding project management and management of creative projects.
In the second part they specialize their study path in laboratories focused on different professional areas, plus elective courses and internships.
The course is organized around the main theoretical and operational issues which define the cultural sector:
* the nature of art and the remit of cultural product and activities;
* the process of choice and consumption of cultural products;
* the management of cultural organisations (legislation, structure, governance, marketing, funding);
* the management of cultural projects.
These key issues have a specific application to the so called artistic and cultural markets like museums and visual arts, performing arts, cultural tourism, culturaland creative industries.
The program aims at providing students with an inside view of this sectors and with the methodological skill to analyze the continuous innovative process which embraces cutting-edge artistic and cultural supply. The grip with cultural activities is focused to prepare managers and operators but can also drive to a research path in the field of social sciences applied to the artistic sphere of activity.
Graduates are typically offered career opportunities in the following specialized sectors:
* cultural heritage and arts market;
* media (television, cinema, radio, traditional publishing and multimedia, music industry);
* editing and media live entertainment;
* fashion and design.
Typical professional profiles within these specialized sectors include the following:
* Entrepreneurs, freelance professionals, consultants in the fields of cultural heritage, communication, live entertainment, media and fashion;
* Managers in communication, radio, television and cinema, publishing and new media, fashion, entertainment and live performance companies;
* Managers in cultural, museums, archiving, archaeological and tourism foundations and institutions;
* Consultants and experts in the evaluation and care of artistic and cultural heritage;
* Program schedule managers in communication companies;
* Royalty managers;
* Internal and external communication managers;
* Organizers of entertainment and festivals;
* Experts on cultural tourism;
* Experts on consortium activities (arts, culture, sport and communication);
* Planners and developers of theme parks.
The objective of the Master of Science in Economics and Management in Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment is to train managers and professionals in business in order to operate in the contemporary arts, cultural heritage, media, entertainment and fashion, having solid inter-functional managerial competences and skills to understand the evolution of the arts and culture fields.
The inter-functional competences (management control, project management, human resources, marketing, government and strategy) are therefore integrated with research competences (analytical and statistics) and interpretation of the complications of the relation between different cultures, different symbolic codes, values and imagination.
The objective of the program is to:
* to provide general advanced managerial training, with specific reference to accounting and management control, project management, marketing, intellectual property rights and strategy and management of cultural institutions;
* provide the tools for research and context analysis;
* provide the tools to access the specific literature (sociology, anthropology and criticism) of the cultural and intercultural areas.
* Evolution and structure of cultural consumption
* Organization (Events project and team management)
* Quantitative methods for management
* Performance measurement
* Advanced intellectual property law
* Strategy and governance of cultural organizations
* Selected Topics in Marketing
* Intercultural studies
* 1 workshop*
* 1 workshop**
* 2 elective courses***
* First foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Second foreign language (lessons + exam 1st semester 2nd year)
* Internship or similar activities
* One workshop to be chosen from among the following:
* Communication events and entertainment industries
* Management of fashion and luxury companies and Management of design
* Creativity in organizations and urban settings
* Tourism and local development
** One workshop to be chosen from among the following:
* Cultural heritage and the arts market workshop
* Performing arts workshop
* Media industries distribution systems
*** The 2 elective courses can be selected from among all the elective courses of the Bocconi Master of Science programs or from among the following courses specifically designed for ACME-LM students to be agreed upon with the teacher of the workshop chosen:
* MANAGEMENT E FUND RAISING DELL'IMPRESA SOCIALE NON PROFIT, in italian
* TELECOMMUNICATIONS, in english
The program is above all geared to 2 types of students: students with a background in business administration who wish to operate in the symbolic production sector; students with a humanities or art background wishing to acquire advanced management and analysis tools.
Students with a non-economic background must have basic economic competences. The international aspect implies that the program includes both foreign and Italian students wishing to have an international experience.
The Master of Science in Economics and Management of Arts, Culture, Media and Entertainment offers two international opportunities:
* The Double Degree program offers, to a selected number of graduate students, the possibility to spend the first year at Bocconi, acquiring core knowledge and skills, and then to specialize in the field of interest while attending the second year at one of the foreign host institutions, selected among the most prestigious universities in Europe. The program requires the attendance of a whole academic year abroad and an overall involvement up to two and a half years, at the end of which students of the DD program receive both Bocconi Master of Science and a Master of Science from the partner institution. Other relevant exchange programs are already activated
* Campus Abroad, a four-week program in co-operation with partner universities around the world, is an intensive experience that offers participants the opportunity to explore new countries, develop new insights and work on live case studies.
Every year Bocconi University establishes the maximum number of students that can be admitted to each degree, in order to guarantee the best possible conditions and the best opportunity for successfully completing the degrees and to offer them assistance in entering the professional work environment.
Different categories of applicants have different admissions procedures. In detail you can distinguish from:
* Bocconi applicants and procedures (Italian version)
* Italian applicants and procedures (visit Italian site)
* International applicants and procedures
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.