|Application deadline:||October 2015|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This Master of Science is designed to craft the problem-solving and management skills needed to effectively employ technology and innovation. Students encounter a challenging interdisciplinary program which blends strategic, managerial, organizational and economic approaches in order to analyze innovation and technology, both at firm and market levels.
It is organized around key issues (e.g. competitiveness, innovation and internationalization) which are analyzed by relying on various disciplinary approaches (e.g. economics, management and law).
We aim to develop the analytical skills required to understand the dynamics of technology within and across organizations; the decision-making abilities to turn technological opportunities into new ideas; and the problem solving attitude to make successful innovations out of new ideas.
The Master of Science in Economics and Management of Innovation and Technology has the following educational objectives:
* provide advanced preparation in the main economic-business subjects in order to understand the implications of the technological innovations in the single sectors, and the implications in terms of regulations and competition analysis;
* develop the skills to have a complete understanding of the implications of innovation procedures in companies, in terms of innovation development, introduce innovation in business processes and develop an entrepreneurial approach in companies;
* complete one's economics-business studies providing quantitative and juridical competences, so as to develop interdisciplinary problem analysis skills;
* develop competences via educational activities inside and outside the classroom which promote student-teacher interaction and interaction between the students themselves as well as complex problem analysis and problem solving skills, ability to present and discuss the results of ones work;
* promote competence (in the business area) in the use of English and a second EU language to work effectively and efficiently in ones profession.
Graduates are prepared to cover a number of different roles, including:
* Industry analysts, consultants on business development at large consultancies
* Business development managers and project managers of large innovation projects at multinational companies
* Product managers and business operations managers in high-tech companies
* Consultants and analysts at international organizations
* Consultants and analysts at regulatory authorities on innovation and intellectual property
* Market and competitive researchers for new product development and launch
This program prepares students to craft and launch their own entrepreneurial business. It also provides a solid background in applied economics and technology and innovation strategy for students wishing to undertake a PhD program in economics or strategy.
In the first year, students acquire a solid foundation in economic theory, analytical tools and methodologies useful to understand and manage internationalization and innovation processes. The courses touch on many different areas: economics and management, law, history, and statistics. The second year offers the chance to look more deeply into such areas as development economics, supply chain management or information systems governance. The majors offered in the Master of Science in Economics and Management of Innovation and Technology are:
* Green management and sustainability
* Technology and innovation management
* IT consulting
Students choose a foreign language based on the graduate program instruction language and on their native language (which cannot be chosen as a foreign language). In classes taught in English, in order to get the language credits required for the degree, international students must study Italian plus another European language to be chosen from among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese or also English. Native Italian speakers must study two other European languages.
The Bocconi Graduate School offers pre-experience Master of Science programs, for students coming directly from previous studies (Bachelor degree) or also with some brief work experience.
These programs are built around a teaching model based on the presence and active participation of students, interactive teaching methods and organized group work. The environment is one where relations with fellow students, professors and other figures involved represent an important added value in completing the course work.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!