Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
Our school is in the UK top ten for research. We provide you with the skills employers are looking for so you can move forward with your career.
About the course
3 years part time online
This fully online course is ideal for midwives everywhere who want to develop professional practice and move on in their career. You'll find a flexible programme of targeted education and the opportunity to build on your existing experience, knowledge and domain speciality.
One-to-one tutorial support and regular interaction with other practitioners from the global health care community gives you the highest quality academic experience and great value for money.
Your growing intellectual curiosity and critical faculties will help you understand an international perspective on contemporary midwifery and childbearing issues, and contribute to the debate.
* Becoming a Reflective Practitioner
* Contemporary Issues in Health Care
* Leadership and Service Development
* Managing Change in Health Care
* Research Methodology
* Research Design and Application
* Extended research study
Choose two from those available, including:
* Antenatal Screening and Genetics
* The Family in Contemporary Society
* Information and Communication in Health Care
You'll be taught entirely by online distance learning with no need to attend in person. We expect you to contribute regularly to online discussion groups.
* A 3,000-word assignment for each taught unit)
* Dissertation or
* An extended workplace study