Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The history ofteaching French at our department dates back 235 years and the department is the largest and oldest of its kind in Hungary. High quality teaching is ensured by 20 qualified tutors and 3 native speaking lectors.
MA students participate in a training encompassing the French language, literature, and culture. Detailed curriculum can be found at our homepage.
The MA is concluded by the preparation and successful defence of a thesis.
MA level studies in humanities within the modern philology field, especially in the case of the French studies which consider the needs of the labour market, tend to strive to produce professionals who meet the increasingly growing requirements of intellectual occupations mostly related to services (field of arts, social sciences track, journalism, text composition, translation, drafting of tenders, etc.), while at the same time prepare them for broader topics for assistant positions related to humanities.
Furthermore, it is important to note the increasing demand for humanities graduates, irrespective of their study tracks, who are equipped with general knowledge, empathy, and high level of communication skills, for positions of deputy manager, expert of human policy, etc.
The training emphasises preparation for scientific research and provides an excellent opportunity to continue studies at the PhD level.
During the training students will
* gain knowledge of contemporary questions in French literature research (history of literature from medieval times up until present, hispanic literature, etc.)
* obtain practice in scientific literature analysis
* acquaint themselves with the methodology of literature research and gains experience in research
* delve into the various techniques of French text composition
* improve oral skills in the foreign language
* get a deeper understanding of linguistics, study current fields of linguistic research (e.g., simultaneous linguistics, language history, descriptive lnguistics, textual linguistics, lixicology, phraseology, sociolinguistics, etc.)
* practice translation
* BA degree in Romance studies with a French track or
* Equivalent college diploma or
* At least 50 credits of previous studies pertaining to the French track of Romance studies with a certificate of advanced language skills in French
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.