|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The course meets the growing demand for masters level professionals in finance and accounting.
It will appeal to you if you are
* from a general business background and wish to gain specialist knowledge in accounting and finance, or
* already from an accounting background and would like to extend and update your knowledge and skills
It has a strong international element to meet the demands of global accounting and financial systems, which companies and organisations across the world use.
On successful completion of the course, you will be able to
* apply and adapt techniques to improve and extend specialist knowledge
* apply relevant frameworks, models and techniques of financial decision making to planning, control, performance measurement, and information and risk management
* solve problems and develop and carry out accounting and financial strategies for different types of organisations
* display intellectual abilities, analytical research skills, led by the latest developments in the field
* use models and techniques for collecting, processing, validating, interpreting and presenting information
You will also have
* transferable intellectual and professional skills relevant to the current national and international business world
* problem solving, communication and information technology skills
Graduates from this course are well equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for professional careers in accounting and finance such as
* finance or accounting manager
* financial controller
* financial analyst
Semester one - postgraduate certificate
* international auditing and assurance
* financial strategy
* international auditing and assurance
* methods of enquiry: research and consultancy in finance
Semester two - postgraduate diploma
* emerging issues in international management accounting and control o financial analysis
* corporate governance and control
* financial regulation and supervision
* international finance
* treasury management
* information strategy
* forensic accounting
* electronic crime
* the options available are subject to demand
Semester three - MA
* research methods
Assignments, examinations and dissertation
Normally one of the following
* a good honours degree (2.1) in accounting, banking, business, finance or economics
* a recognised postgraduate qualification
* an equivalent recognised professional qualification in a relevant subject field.
Relevant subjects include
* business management
* the natural sciences.
We consider applicants without these relevant academic qualifications based on their personal, professional and work experience and other formal qualifications.
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. A TOEFL test minimum mark, paper-based 550, computer-based 213, internet-based 79 or an IELTS score of 6.0, is the standard for non-native speakers of English.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.