Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This course is designed for those with artistic talents wishing to gain entry to the growing games industry. The course provides you with a high level of practical and conceptual art and animation skills.
You harness your existing talents while learning the skills needed by the games industry such as
* traditional drawing skills
* character design and animation
* special effects
* games design
We have many established links with the games industry, creating opportunities for enhancing your career prospects. These links enable you to meet and work with industry professionals.
Our links with companies and organisations include
* Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
* Codemasters UK
* Game Republic.
We regularly invite guest speakers to provide insights into the latest development techniques and to teach specialist aspects of the course.
The main areas of study include
* developing game elements, such as graphical components, characters and animations, using industry-standard tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya
* developing game concepts and ideas, and then illustrating these using methods including storyboards, video clips, hand-drawn sketches and models
* generating game prototypes and analysing human-computer interaction techniques for game software
* the structure and operation of the games industry including the stages of game production and intellectual property
* project management techniques
During your studies, you complete various realistic projects. This enables you to practice the skills you learn and develop a portfolio of work to prospective employers.
You complete projects in collaboration with our industry partners.This allows you to work with mentors from companies and develop solutions to real challenges.
Previous students have been able to launch their careers at companies such as
* Electronic Arts
* Blitz Games
Postgraduate certificate * 3D animation
* character animation
* interaction design for entertainment software
* observational drawing
Postgraduate diploma * games design
* realistic animation
* integrated production project
plus one from
* sound design
* management of entertainment software projects
* Research methodsIn the final stage of your masters, you complete a substantial piece of research and develop a product based on this. This module gives you experience of the research tools, techniques and methods used, and builds your communication and planning skills to prepare you for your research project.
* Research-based product developmentYou carry out an independent research and development project, and apply the methods and skills developed in other modules. This represents the culmination of the course, and enables you to demonstrate your skills and abilities by completing a substantial piece of work. It provides a significant contribution to your portfolio of work, which you can then use to show prospective employers.
* Seminar programmeIn this module you present your research project to your peer group and teaching staff. It plays a key role in developing masters level cognitive skills. You have to evaluate and synthesise complex information and concepts from a range of specialist topics, and prepare and deliver a professional quality presentation.
Typically you need a second class honours degree or above in a o traditional art o digital art o digital media o games design o multimedia or a related subject.
We expect you to be artistic and motivated to produce high quality game assets. You must also demonstrate that you have an appropriate level of skill in art or animation by presenting previous work, show-reels or portfolios.
If English is not your first language you normally need an IELTS score of at least 6.0.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.