Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course provides the opportunity for graduates working or living with people with autism to develop an understanding of the autism spectrum. You are taught to consider how to improve your practice through the study of issues relating to current theory and practice.
During the course you study and evaluate how autism impacts on the learner and affects their understanding, communication and behaviour.
Modules available include
* appreciating different styles of thinking and learning
* providing quality experiences for people with autism
* challenging behaviour and communication
* sensory perceptual issues in autism
This course improves your knowledge and understanding of the autistic spectrum. It is an essential qualification for anyone holding or intending to hold a management position in the field of autism.
This course is designed to provide enhanced skills and knowledge relating to children and young people with autism and is relevant to those working in this area or who want to move into it. It is also relevant to people living with children and young people with autism.
Modules available include
* the learning characteristics associated with children and young people with autism
* autism, challenging behaviour and communication
* assessment and good practice: qualities of teaching and learning relevant to children and young people with autistic spectrum disorders
* sensory-perceptual issues in autism
* case study
* work-based learning
You can accumulate modules achieve gain a postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma.
To gain an MA you must successfully complete a research methods module and a project. Please contact us for a more detailed list of modules available.
* Normal entry requirements are a degree, or equivalent, and an interest in the area of autism.
* Applications from people who have gained masters level credits at other institutions are welcomed.
* International students must also have an IELTS score of 6.5.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.