Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This course develops your personal capability, enhances your subject knowledge and furthers your career towards subject leadership.
We designed the first year to help you achieve two qualifications: the PgCert in Managing School Design and Technology, and the Design and Technology Association Subject Leadership Qualification.
The course reflects the dynamic and rapidly changing design and technology curriculum in schools. It enhances your vision and philosophy of design and technology.
As a key contributor to the secondary school curriculum, the course sets the agenda for your own professional development and allows you to take a leading role in developing the subject.
The flexible structure enables you to fit your studies around professional and personal commitments, while working towards a postgraduate qualification. This can be demanding, so we offer web-based learning environments, email, discussion groups and telephone to help support you.
Through a range of study and activity, you develop generic and specific management skills needed for today´s curriculum manager.
The course also recognises the need for teachers to update their own subject knowledge and skills in line with modern industrial practice. This is necessary to provide the necessary leadership in a dynamic design and technology environment.
We structure the course on teachers´ work patterns in school and use your school as a major source of information for research and development. We also encourage active collaboration between course members working in different establishments.
Tuition fees for this course are paid by the Teacher Training Agency through the Design and Technology Association. You must pay a charge of £300 to cover the cost of registration, assessment and academic accreditation at postgraduate certificate level.
The flexible course design allows you to choose to study modules that match your own career plans and aspirations.
To gain a
* Postgraduate Certificate in Design and Technology Education, you complete two (30 credit) modules
* Postgraduate Diploma in Design and Technology Education, you complete a further two (30 credit) modules
* MA in Design and Technology Education, you complete a futher (60 credit) module
* developing electronics and communication technology (ECT) in the design and technology curriculum
* developing computer aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) in the design and technology curriculum
* developing e-learning in the design and technology curriculum
* developing education for sustainable design
* developing food education in the school design and technology curriculum
* managing the design and technology curriculum
* action research in design and technology
* open design and technology research project
The course is designed for teachers of design and technology in the secondary/post-16 sector. It is aimed at both practising heads of departments and faculties and those aspiring to such positions.
Possessing this postgraduate qualification contributes significantly to career development and improves promotion opportunities in middle, and to senior, management in schools and colleges.
Normally you need one of the following
* a degree in a design and technology-related subject plus a one year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
* a degree in design and technology with education and qualified teacher status
* a bachelor of education degree in subjects now part of design and technology such as home
economics, craft design and technology, textiles
* a degree in a subject with some relation to design and technology, plus a two year PGCE (which includes one year of design and technology study)
* certificate in education in a design and technology-related subject and a minimum of ten years´ teaching experience
If English is not your first language you normally need an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.