Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This is a professional development programme for experienced teachers, tutors and other education practitioners. It allows you to
* develop your understanding of issues related to teaching and learning
* explore educational practices in the UK and reflect on and compare these with practices in your own teaching context
By choosing modules and a dissertation topic in a specific area, you decide whether you want to graduate in
* MA/PgDip/PgCert Learning and Teaching
* MA/PgDip/PgCert Autism
* MA/PgDip/PgCert Inclusion
* MA/PgDip/PgCert Early Childhood Studies
* MSc/PgDip/PgCert Leadership and Management in Education
* MA/PgDip/PgCert Post Compulsory Education and Training
You examine how to provide improved teaching and learning. We encourage you to reflect on your professional practice and the impact it has on the setting, colleagues and service.
You work with other professionals from the UK and a range of other countries who share your interests. This helps you to
* expand your knowledge of how to improve learning and teaching
* reflect critically on present issues and initiatives
* explore recent research findings that inform advanced practice
We also arrange informal social activities with your tutors and fellow students.
You attend full-time and learn through
* group discussions and activities
* peer support
* e-mail and web-based support
We also organise a placement for you in a local school in each semester. These two placements
* allow you to observe and participate in day-to-day practice in British schools
* provide a focus for the classroom-based research tasks you undertake
Comparison of these education settings in the UK with those in your own country enriches your understanding and contributes to your professional development.
You take two core modules as a group with your fellow international students.
* the English education and educare system
* the enquiring practitioner
You choose two further modules, which you take alongside local teachers and practitioners, and work on an extended assignment on a topic of your choice.
Modules may include
* assessment and good practice
* autism: appreciating different styles of thinking and learning
* inclusion: principles and perspectives
* the early years curriculum
* managing people and sources
* multiprofessional practise: policy and partnership
* enhancing learning through reflective practice
* attributes of effective school leaders
* observing young learners
* autism: challenging behaviour and communication
* developing working practices in multiprofessional teams
* inclusive practice
* sensory perceptual issues in autism
* innovations in learning and teaching
* leading and managing organisational change.
You need a degree or equivalent and some relevant postgraduate professional experience in education in an institutional context.
Experience requirements are
* at least two years if your degree is equivalent to a UK honours degree
* at lease three years if your degree is equivalent to a UK ordinary degree
* we will also consider your application if you hold a teaching qualification which is below the level of a UK bachelors degree, but have substantial relevant professional experience (at least five years)
You also need IELTS 6.5 (at least 6.0 in writing).
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.